Save the Children South Africa
|Job Title:||Project Officer|
|Fixed Term:||19 months|
|Reports to:||Training Project Manager|
|Child Protection Level:||3|
|Travel Requirements:||Travel in Limpopo Province|
|Asset Responsibilities:||Own assets and those used by others|
Save the Children South Africa (SCSA) is implementing an innovative health project in the Limpopo (Capricorn District) and Free State (Thabo Mofutsanyane District) “Sireletsa Bana Project”. The long term goal of this project is to contribute to a reduction in the prevalence of morbidity and mortality among children under the age of five living in the two provinces in South Africa by 2019. Specifically, the project aims to increase access to quality health services by strengthening health and nutrition initiatives in Early Childhood Development (ECD). The project has 3 main intended outcomes:
- OUTCOME 1: Strengthened quality, supply and access to health and nutrition services provided to young children and their mothers.
- OUTCOME 2: Community interest generated to promote the optimal growth and development of young children and the demand for basic health and nutrition services in the community.
- OUTCOME 3: Strengthened enabling environment for the local health and nutrition services, through improved service co-ordination, referral systems, and advocating for local implementation of national policies and resource provision for the most vulnerable children.
There is a vacant position for a Project Officer to be based in Limpopo Provincial office. The Project Officer will report to the Training Project Manager.
- Assist in collecting data and information and assist in organizing and drafting project management reports including quarterly, annual and terminal reports;
- Provide project administrative and logistical support;
- Provide reports and assistance to project staff on financial and administrative issues;
- Manage project assets;
- Provide administrative support for project related procurement;
- Provide secretarial support to the project including compiling timely minutes of weekly, monthly and other meetings, as required;
- Responsible for logistical arrangements and preparation of the project training;
- Organize and coordinate relevant project training materials as required;
- Coordinate the distribution of materials and supplies to the ECD Centres and Forums;
- Assist the team to compile and maintain a database of service providers for the wards where the ECD Centres are based;
- Assist the team in the planning and implementation of special events, including but not limited to flights, accommodation, venues, catering etc.;
- Prepare and maintain proper filing system for all project related documents;
Any other duties of similar nature as required by the Health Project Manager or the Training Project Manager from time to time.
- National diploma or equivalent qualification in one of the related fields: Public administration; business administration;
- 3 years’ work experience in project/ office / business administrator is essential;
- Strong organizational and office management skills, with excellent Computer Skills;
- Broad knowledge on public administration reform and working experiences on issues related to project activities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to inform and engage through written communication;
- Hands-on experience on project administration, inclusively on activity planning, reporting, progress monitoring, result evaluation;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and
- A Valid Driver’s licence.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Honesty, discretion;
- Sound work ethics; and
- Passion for the well-being of others, especially children.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter with your CV to email@example.com by close of business by 18 October 2017.