Saartjie Baartman Centre for Women and Children
The Saartjie Baartman Centre for Women and Children (SBCWC) is a one-stop centre for women and children who are survivors of abuse.
SBCWC seeks to appoint a Director to be based in Cape Town.
The Director who will have the primary responsibility of strategic leadership, fundraising, marketing and communications. In addition to the primary focus, the successful candidate must have a strong Human Resource background and the ability to run the day-to-day operations of the facility.
- Responsible for the development and the maintenance of the SBCWC and its image
- Director must develop the overall medium and long-term fundraising targets (including those for corporate and individual face-to face donors aligned to the overall strategy)
- Develop and manage multi-channel fundraising programmes and strategies
- Build solid prospect management, research and donor stewardship programmes
- Oversee backend systems
- Develop and implement the communications strategy
- Head up the panel that will manage and lead the Marketing, Fundraising and Communications strategy of the SBCWC
- Take responsibility for the Human Resource processes of the organisation
- Be responsible for the efficient management of all the financial resources of the Centre
- Minimum of five years proven experience in NGO-sector particularly in fundraising and communication
- Experience of the development and execution of fundraising strategies with an emphasis on individual and corporate sector fundraising
- Understanding of gender-based violence issues in South African and global context
- Experience in management functions and HR responsibilities
- Experience of the development and execution of media relations
- Experience of developing and implementing organisational policies
- A demonstrated commitment to making a positive difference in the gender based violence sector
- Ability to self-reflect
- Strong people-centred focus and experience
- Ability to take initiative and work in a team
- Drivers licence and own transport
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter detailing your experience in each of the key accountabilities above. CV must contain at least two references to Attention: Shaheema McLeod firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
For more about Saartjie Baartman Centre for Women and Children, refer to www.saartjiebaartmancentre.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies