Focus on the Family Africa
Focus on the Family Africa is a non-profit organisation, a registered Public Benefit Organisation, and has a Section 18a tax exemption status in terms of the Income Tax Act. Focus has been serving families in Africa since opening its doors in 1992. For over two decades, we have been providing care, advice, support and encouragement to families at every stage of life. We have worked hard to respond to the many real issues families face and to provide sound and practical guidance based on Christian principles.
The Organisation seeks to appoint a Constituent Relations / Account Representative to be based in KwaZulu Natal.
Report To: Family Ministry Director
Salary: Commensurate with experience
This position exists as a support role to the Family Ministry Director which will include daily and regular interaction with constituents of Focus on the Family Africa. The portfolio includes the cultivation, acknowledgement, stewardship, prospect identification, and on-going communication, administration and maintenance of donor / constituent records and profile history with emphasis on growth, retention and reporting.
- Maintain strong relationships with donors / constituent placing significant emphasis on personal communication (phone calls, correspondence, email, etc.) and action all queries accordingly
- Assist in helping to increase donor retention and average gift size through strategic cultivation and stewardship.
- Help flag and identify Major Donor Prospects
- Cultivate relationships with mid-range donors, learning about their personal interests and connecting them with Focus on the Family’s core mission for further engagement
- Maintain an accurate record of donor communication working to achieve and update donor profile and history
- Maintain an in depth understanding and knowledge of the ministry’s core competencies and programmes
- Participates in departmental meetings, strategic planning, and fundraising discussions
- Build relationships, communicate, and connect effectively with both internal and external relationships
- Update Major Donors including Corporate Donors on ministry activity for the purpose of retention and further gift solicitation. (Scheduled visits)
- Process transactional information by capturing and updating details into Donor Relationship Management Database CRM
- Complete partner’s monthly gift report and update yearly figures
- Capture & file all relevant documentation
- Miscellaneous duties as requested to assist with efficient operations and growth of the department
- Key Account Management Experience three to five years
- Computer Literate
- In-depth knowledge of Focus philosophy, mission, values, and objectives.
- Previous Experience and Knowledge of dealing with Customer Relationship Management Software
- Database Management Experience with ability to analyse data and compile required reports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with knowledge & understanding of pivot tables
- Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Focus; adheres to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith; upholds Focus on the Family's ministry in prayer
- Demonstrates behaviours aligned with Focus on the Family core values.
- Telephone skills
- Listening skills and exhibits the ability to understand what others are communicating
- Discernment skills
- Ability to effectively engage with a diverse portfolio of donors
- Written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated, with strong time management, organisational, and prioritisation skills
- Ability to express empathy and genuine concern for donors, observing proper boundaries
- Emotionally resilient and capable of handling pressure and rejection without inappropriate disappointment
- Ability to type 40 words per minute
- Ability to communicate across denominational lines and theological distinctive
- Creates favourable impression in terms of appropriate attire, appearance, bearing, and manner
- Convincing, persuasive, and credible, able to impress favourably and win long-term confidence and trust
- Ability to relate and communicate with people of all ages, ethnicity, and economic levels
- Discretion in handling the confidential nature of donor’s needs/information
- Ability to function effectively and efficiently in a team environment
- Ability to organise work effectively to meet demanding time constraints
- Ability to receive constructive criticism with appropriate response and teach ability.
- Pursues utmost detail in the areas of constituent relationship and maintenance.
- Highly polished social skills; clarity of expression, good organisation of thoughts and effective articulation; tactful and able to make a good first impression
- A willingness to offer prayer support to donors, observing appropriate boundaries.
- Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Focus; adheres to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith; upholds Focus on the Family's ministry in prayer. Demonstrates behaviours aligned with Focus on the Family’s core values.
To apply, submit your applications in PDF format to email@example.com
For enquiries call: 031 7163300.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you do not receive a response from Focus on the Family please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Focus on the Family, refer to www.safamily.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies