Save the Children South Africa
|Job Title:||Education Project Officer|
|Fixed Term:||3 years|
|Reports to:||Project Manager|
|Base:||Durban, Kwa-Zulu Natal|
|Child Protection Level:||3|
|Travel Requirements:||40% Domestic|
|Asset Responsibilities:||Save the Children South Africa Work Tools|
The Education Project Officer will be responsible for organising and providing literacy and numeracy-related training to a range of project beneficiaries in Kwa-Zulu Natal, including Early Childhood Development (ECD) practitioners, Foundation Phase (Grades R-3) educators, school and centre management teams, parents/caregivers and district officials. In addition, the officer will contribute to mentoring of practitioners and educators, stakeholder information-sharing sessions, development of learning and teaching resources, organising and participating in media activities and administrative tasks. He/she will be responsible for liaising with partners and service providers to ensure timely and quality implementation of the education programme. This position involves some domestic travel, and the incumbent will serve as the secretariat to project committees that are established to support the education project.
KEY RESULT AREAS, TASKS, AND PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Develop and drive specific training and development initiatives, including curriculum content
- Assist in preparation of training materials and conduct necessary training
- Provide mentoring and follow up support to practitioners, educators and other participants
- Undertake regular visits to education field sites to monitor project progress and quality
- Support ECD centres and schools to develop learning and teaching resources, e.g. book banks
- Support the Project Manager in project coordination and liaising with government and stakeholders
- Document experiences and lessons learnt for project improvement and advocacy purposes
- Assist with compilation of progress reports and submission to donors
- Undertake other related responsibilities as the Project Manager may assign.
- Capacity building including facilitation, training and mentoring skills
- Education materials development expertise
- Organizing and co-ordination skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written)
- Ability to work in teams
- Microsoft office proficiency
- Passion for the well-being of others, especially children.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in education or social sciences
- At least 2 years working experience in education (ECD and/or Foundation Phase)
- Grade 12 proficiency with English and Zulu
- Experience working within an NGO
- Valid South African Driver’s license
Application and contact details: Interested qualified candidates are requested to submit their resumes (covering letter, CV, copies of ID and qualifications) to email@example.com by 20 October 2017. Please indicate clearly the position you are applying for. Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.