Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR)
The Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR) is an independent, non-governmental Pan-African organisation, based in Cape Town, South Africa. Over the past 48 years, it has worked to promote constructive, creative, and co-operative approaches to the resolution of conflicts and the reduction of violence in Africa. The Centre has produced ground-breaking research on African security and governance issues, conducted extensive capacity-building training, and facilitated peace processes across Africa.
CCR seeks to appoint a Personal Assistant / Administrator to be based in Cape Town.
This is a fixed-term six-month contract position.
- To manage the Executive Director’s diary and travel arrangements
- To maintain a comprehensive filing system for the Executive Director
- To draft the minutes of the Management Team and cluster meetings
- To assist in organising board meetings, public dialogues, and policy seminars
- To maintain databases for the dissemination of publications and reports
- To contribute to monitoring and evaluation processes for donor reporting
- Any other administrative tasks
- A social science degree or a related qualification
- At least two years’ experience in general office administration and in organising events
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Verbal and written skills in English
- Research and analytical skills
- Ability to take the initiative and work in a fast-paced, pressurised environment
Experience in a non-governmental organisation (NGO) environment
To apply, submit a comprehensive CV and a letter of application motivating why you believe you are suitable for the post to Mr Fritz Brand, Senior Manager: Human Resources and Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org quote “Vacancy” – followed by the position you are applying for – followed by your name.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Must be South African citizens or candidates with permanent residency in South Africa.
For more about the Centre for Conflict Resolution, refer to www.ccr.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies