Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR)
The Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR) is an independent, non-governmental Pan-African organisation, based in Cape Town, South Africa. Over the past 48 years, it has worked to promote constructive, creative, and co-operative approaches to the resolution of conflicts and the reduction of violence in Africa. The Centre has produced ground-breaking research on African security and governance issues, conducted extensive capacity-building training, and facilitated peace processes across Africa.
CCR seeks to appoint a Volunteer Librarian to be based in Cape Town.
Duration: Two to three days a week
This is a volunteer position and no benefits or a salary is thus attached to it.
- Manage the various collections in the CCR Peace Library
- Manage information retrieval from the CCR Peace Library and other libraries
- Educate clients on the use of the CCR Peace Library
- Manage a professional library catalogue
- Manage the administrative responsibilities of the CCR Peace Library
- A Library and Information Science qualification such as BBibl, BTech (Library and Information Studies) or PG Dip (Library and Information Science), and a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Arts or Humanities
- At least five years’ experience working in an academic or special library, including practical experience in library technical services (i.e. acquisitions and cataloguing), reference work, and library software programmes (i.e. Libwin)
- Knowledge of international library conventions such as Anglo American Cataloguing Rules (AACR2), Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH), and Dewey Decimal Classification System (DDC)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Internet search engines, and content management systems)
To apply, submit a comprehensive CV and a letter of application motivating why you believe you are suitable for the post to Mr Fritz Brand, Senior Manager: Human Resources and Administration at email@example.com quote “Vacancy” – followed by the position you are applying for – followed by your name.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the Centre for Conflict Resolution, refer to www.ccr.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies