Child Welfare Durban and District
Child Welfare Durban and District is a nonprofit organisation that provides a wide range of services to children, their families and communities in the Durban and Umlazi areas. The organisation’s core concern is to protect children who are at risk. This includes neglected, abused, abandoned and orphaned children, a large majority of whom are either infected or affected by HIV/AIDS.
Child Welfare Durban and District seeks to employ an Events Coordinator to be based in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal.
This is a one year fixed term full time contract commencing in November 2017 to November 2018.
Salary: R120 000 per annum (cost to company)
- Event plan, design and ensure to completion events within production time limits
- Work with donors, service providers, the public, staff and the Board of Governors to facilitate implementation of events
- Organise facilities and details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
- Three years or more events coordination experience; marketing experience and basic financial management
- Proven experience as an events planner or organiser, preferable in an NGO environment
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events)
- Time management and communication skills
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- MS Office proficiency
- Valid Code 08 driver’s license
To apply, submit your CV with three traceable references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Child Welfare Durban and District, refer to www.cwdd.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies