Home from Home Trust
Home from Home Trust, a registered Cluster Foster Care Scheme, provides supported and supervised community based foster care for orphans, abused and neglected children through a network of small family homes located around the Cape metropole and surrounding areas.
The Trust seeks to appoint an Education Support Programme Coordinator to be based in Cape Town.
The official working hours are from 9h00 to 17h30, however, due to the nature of the position flexibility with regard to working hours is a necessity.
The successful candidate will develop, implement and evaluate the effectiveness of the education programme whilst expanding its reach to all children and youth in Home from Home's care.
Reporting to the Programme Director you will be based at the Head Office in Plumstead.
- Individual needs assessments
- Working closely with the programme team with regard to case management and establishing educational needs
- Coordination of the Tutor Programme
- Matching and placement of children and youth to schools and other places of learning
- Networking with external service providers, partners and schools
- Coordinating external service providers for assessments and related services
- M&E design and implementation
- Developing relationships with Foster Mothers, children and youth
- Overall coordination of education programme including budget control and reporting
- Five to eight years hands-on teaching experience within the South African school education sector preferably coupled with some management/subject head experience
- In possession of a relevant tertiary qualification
- Sound knowledge of current curricula and teaching methodologies
- Sound knowledge of supportive learning approaches and therapies
- A passion for education and child and youth development
- Special needs education exposure advantageous
- Sound M&E understanding and proven ability to develop and implement suitable tools and methodologies
- Written and verbal communication skills in English (fluency in Afrikaans and/or isiXhosa an advantage)
- The ability to function effectively both as part of a team and independently
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Previous NPO working experience advantageous
To apply, forward a comprehensive CV together with covering letter to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Further correspondence will only be entered into with those under consideration for the role.
For more about Home From Home, refer to www.homefromhome.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies