Society for Family Health (SFH)
Job title: Knowledge Management Advisor
Department: HIV/TB Department
Based in: Pretoria / Johannesburg
Reports to: STAR Project Director
Application closing date: 31 October 2017
Email address to apply: email@example.com
Application reference: KMA – P/J
This position is contingent on funding
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
Since 2015, PSI has led implementation of the UNITAID HIV Self-Testing Africa (STAR) Project. STAR is a multi-country project (Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland) designed to evaluate and scale effective, efficient and ethical HIVST distribution models to increase testing coverage and achieve public health impact. STAR has catalyzed the HIVST market, building increased demand among global donors and country governments and is expanding supply of HIVST products. Under STAR, WHO released normative guidance on HIVST in December 2016.
- Implement effective knowledge management activities to fully engage the four target audiences (i.e., STAR teams; HIV stakeholders and national leadership in STAR countries; PSI; International HIV technical community, donor community.
- Manage and contribute to relevant knowledge exchanges to promote project objectives.
- Coordinate and manage the preparation, publication, and dissemination of STAR knowledge products and activities, in coordination with STAR teams including identification of the best channel(s) to achieve dissemination goals.
- Establish relationships with the wider HIVST internal and external partner community and donors with a view to raising STAR’s visibility internationally.
- Develop, lead, and oversee implementation of strategies to foster knowledge sharing throughout the Project and with external stakeholders through sharing platforms including websites, social media, and eLearning exchanges. 7
- Develop and maintain system-wide training and resource materials linked to knowledge management.
- Design, coordinate and support implementation of webinars, online training, virtual collaborative exchanges symposiums, conferences and other events.
- Create e-newsletters to disseminate information thereby improving efficient decision-making and increasing productivity by providing the means for staff to locate the knowledge they need when they need it.
- Manage the development and ongoing maintenance of the PSI/STAR website and newsletter. Work closely with partners to ensure consistent content and information-sharing across the STAR web-based platforms.
- Manage STAR’s social media presence, including curating content (e.g., videos, photos, blogs) to ensure successful social media campaigns.
- Determine metrics of successes for knowledge management activities, and track progress. Effectively communicate the results and impact clearing demonstrating STAR’s value and impact.
- Ensure the smooth implementation of all communications, knowledge management, branding and outreach activities, in coordination with STAR teams.
What are we looking for?
Education & experience:
- Master's degree in a knowledge management and/or development related area – (Information, Communication, Public Health, Development Management, International Relations) or a similar discipline or related degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience.
- Experience working in HIV or related areas preferred.
- Substantial understanding of knowledge management theory, practice and tools.
- Extensive experience in determining appropriate knowledge management processes, products and ICT enabled platforms.
- Experience in international public health programming.
- Exposure and experience in multiple countries preferred.
- Ability to use computer systems and effectively organize information on internal and external websites
- Excellent communication skills orally and in writing in English.
- Ability to gain cooperation from individuals or groups over whom there is no direct authority to accomplish knowledge management goals.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.