Islamic Relief South Africa
Islamic Relief is an international relief and development organisation which strives to alleviate poverty around the world regardless of religion, race or religion. Islamic Relief South Africa is a country office of the Islamic Relief Worldwide family, which has offices in over 40 countries around the globe.
Islamic Relief seeks to appoint a Social Worker to be based in Johannesburg.
- Render a social work service with regard to the care, support, protection and development of vulnerable individuals, groups, families and communities through quality programmes
- Identify and make recommendations on the appropriate interventions required to address challenges
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the recommended interventions, report on progress and identify further/amended interventions
- Implement programmes which provide continuous support, counselling, guidance and advice to the affected individuals, groups, families and communities
- Produce and maintain records of social work interventions, processes and outcomes
- Monitor and study the social services legal and policy framework continuously
- Champion IRSA Child Protection Policy and align it to the national policy framework
- Write and contribute to reports as per funder and organisational requirements
- Provide psychosocial support for children at risk identified through the project
- Provide training and mentorship to lay childcare workers
Provide debriefing systems and support to childcare workers
- Administrative duties – coordinate & management of Orphan Sponsorship database, OVC files, Annual reports, Case studies, orphan application forms etc.
- Bachelor of Social Work plus three year’s related training and/or experience in working with orphans and other vulnerable children (OVC)
- Proof of current registration with SACSSP or HPCSA
- Minimum of Afrikaans / isiXhosa and English language skills, ability to communicate in additional South African languages will be advantageous
- Valid driver's licence a must
- Service minded, resilient and a highly motivated and professional individual who identifies with IRSA’s values and mission
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRSA reserves the right to withdraw vacancies.
For more about Islamic Relief South Africa, refer to www.islamic-relief.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies