Economic Justice Network (EJN) of FOCCISA
The Economic Justice Network (EJN) of FOCCISA is working on Inequality in South Africa and has established the South African Network on Inequality (SANI). This is part of a multi-country Inequality Project implemented in partnership with networks in seven countries namely Brazil, Russia, India, Indonesia, China, South Africa and Mexico (BRICSAM).
EJN seeks to employ a Project Coordinator to be based in Cape Town.
Remuneration: R15 000.00 (Cost to Company) at three days a week
Duration: This is a short-term contract from 1st October 2017 – 29th June 2018
The Coordinator will facilitate the working of SANI in preparation for Civil BRICS that will take place next year in SA.
SANI consist of the Non-governmental and Community Based organisations working on Gender, Tax Justice and Finance, Agriculture and Land Reform and Environmental issues with representation in most of the provinces of SA.
- Develop a Plan of Action, based on the Civil BRICS Concept Note with assistance of the Civil BRICS Co-ordinating Committee (CBCC)
- Assist with Fundraising in close collaboration with the ED of EJN and the CBCC
- Develop an Outreach Strategy, with thematic working group leads to involve and mobilise community organisations for closer involvement and engagement with the BRICS process and issue based linkages. This Strategy will take into consideration the local – national, SADC, African, BRICS and International Context and stakeholders
- The Coordinator will facilitate engagement with various stakeholders including Government Departments like DIRCO, sectoral BRICS stakeholders like the Youth, Women, Labour, Think Tanks, Business, International BRICS partners in order to align strategic objectives.
- Develop a Communication Strategy based on the Concept Note, Action Plan and broader objectives of the Project. Assist with content of website, maintain active social media presence, sustain and active communication with all stakeholders and implement media strategy
- Provide logistical support to organise SANI meetings, teleconferences and Civil BRICS Summit meetings and activities
- Be charged with writing meeting reports, such as SANI meeting minutes and donor reporting
- Develop Guidelines for Participation of Co-ordinating Committee and WG for effective participation and implementation of Project Plan and Outcomes
- Liaise with CC, WG and Secretariat (EJN), International Partners and other identified Stakeholders
- Report to CC and EJN through the necessary tools and reporting frameworks
- Degree or Post-graduate qualification in Political Studies, Economics, Development Studies or other relevant field
- Minimum three years’ experience in Development Work
- Must be a SA citizen or permanent resident with fluency in English
- Understand BRICS and SA role in the formation
- Ability to Co-ordinate activities and mobilise constituencies and stakeholders of SANI
- Liaise with various stakeholders and interest groups to achieve the objectives and outcomes of the Project
- Strong analytical, communication and writing skills in order to communicate to various stakeholders at diverse levels
- Strong motivation and organisational/time management skills
- Command of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
To apply, submit your CV to Phindiwe Siwela firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 021 424 9564.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the Economic Justice Network of FOCCISA, refer to www.ejn.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies