Treatment Action Campaign
The Treatment Action Campaign (TAC) engages in monitoring, advocacy and access to quality comprehensive prevention, treatment, care and support services to live a healthy life.
HUMAN RESOURCE COORDINATOR
Main Purpose of the Job:
|The purpose of this position is the implementation and running of all HR functions for TAC, including personnel, payroll, performance management, disciplinary and grievance, benefits and wellness.
This person would be expected to lead on core HR activities/planning, seeking guidance from the National Manager as necessary. Because the National Manager only has HR as one of a range of functions, it is necessary that this person is highly motivated, and seeks to provide HR services to TAC in a strategic and effective way without interfering with the core work of the programmes. One critical role in this post will be to capacitate all managers to themselves effectively manage their HR functions, and maintain happy and healthy teams.
KRA1: Manage and report on implementation of TAC’s Administrative, Operational and Human Resources capacity, capability and resources management, planning & expenditure, performance and compliance, and ensure Learning & Development strategy implementation and evaluation.
- Ensure resource availability for strategic focus area operations and outputs, including administration and technology.
- Identify additional relevant relationships and establish and maintain to support TAC’s operational and programme functioning.
- Advise on and ensure preparation of non-executive remuneration packages, employee notch increase and performance bonus implementation and payment.
- Direct and manage all legally required and administrative processes related to staff recruitment, contracting, packages, payment, working conditions and induction;
- Lead and manage performance management process, succession planning, and individual development plan implementation and review, including scheduling and conducting and reporting (Drive and co-ordinate plans and processes related to staff learning and development, and monitor and evaluate staff learning and development.
- Manage, communicate and monitor implementation of all policies and processes related to providing an enabling environment conducive to productive, safe and efficient working (These should include employee wellness, HIV, etc.).
- Manage, communicate and monitor implementation of all HR administrative and benefits policies and processes (including working hours, leave, medical aid, other benefits).
- Monitor, evaluate and control TAC culture and employee relations (code of conduct and values compliance; misconduct and grievances)Ensure proper maintenance of personal records of employees:
- Staff training and development,
- Grievance and disciplinary processes,
- Performance appraisals
- Termination conditions
- Administer staff benefit :(Provident fund, Medical Aid, ), process monthly billings and serve as resource person on staff benefits;
- Coordinate activities between the company and insurance carriers; assist employees with claims problems
- Liaise and support National Manager with the administration, and interpretation of personnel issues relating to policies and procedures, including equal opportunity, anti-discrimination, career development and occupational health and safety programs.
- Prepare HR administration reports monthly or when needed
- Organize meetings and other ad-hoc requirements (including booking venues, arranging refreshment etc.) for HR related staffing gatherings...including
- Administration and minute taking of relevant meetings.
- Assist in the administration of Disciplinary and grievance processes – internally and externally – i.e. CCMA
KRA2: Recruitment & Selection
- Co-ordinate recruitment activities according to the recruitment policy:
- Liaise with the National Manager and Provincial Managers to schedule Orientation of new employees, process Probationary reviews, Performance reviews
- To maintain and develop knowledge of the training and development issues, team building and other relevant HR priorities implemented within the organisation.
KRA3: Payroll Administration and Updates
- Ensure that TAC’s Financial and Procurement Policies are followed
- Liaise with National Manager to ensure payroll administration systems are efficient, practical and adhered to by all staff.
- Update list of staff salaries with start dates, proper job titles according to organogram, location and salary packages
- Effect Payroll administration and changes on a monthly basis, completion of annual IRP5 certificates for staff,
- Monitor and liaise with Medical Aid and Provident fund in respect of payments made
- Manage and monitor the statutory administration requirements around Unemployment Insurance and Retrenchments processes for staff
- Receive calls and queries regarding staffing matters.
KRA4: Salary Payments
- Ensure that salaries are entered into VIP system. Permanent, Fixed term and short-term projects.
- Ensure salaries are either entered into the bank through internet or letters are sent to Nedbank for payment on 25th of every month.
- Update new staff and resignations as per monthly salary changes memo.
- Ensure authorisation and administer the payment of 13th cheques on 15 December of each year.
- Monitor leave, PAYE and other payments/deductions received from the Senior Finance Officer – Cash book.
- Enter payslips into salary journals in Pastel Evolution either manually or through VIP on a monthly basis.
- Tertiary qualification: Human Resources diploma with Payroll administration experience /training
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- PASTAL accounting/VIP Payroll
- Time management – specifically understanding the payroll and personnel cycles
- Organising and Planning skills
- Able to trouble shoot and deal with urgent matters speedily
- Valid driver’s License is an added advantage
The closing date for applications is close of business, Friday, 22 September 2017. Should you be interested please apply to email@example.com with a CV and cover letter.
Due to the volume of applications, should you not receive feedback within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies