Creative Consulting & Development Works
Evaluator opportunity (with fully-funded bursary)
At CREATIVE CONSULTING & DEVELOPMENT WORKS
Creative Consulting & Development Works (CC&DW) is pleased to announce that we have an Evaluator position opening within our Research and Evaluation Unit, commencing December 2017 or January 2018. This position will be complemented with a bursary, funded by CC&DW, to complete the 2-year MPhil in Monitoring and Evaluation at the University of Stellenbosch.
Celebrating 14 years in the sector, CC&DW is a diverse team of self-directed leaders in Research, Evaluation, Training and Internship Placement operating in the development sector. We work with purpose to make a meaningful difference on an exciting array of regional short and long-term projects that deliver exceptional value to our clients. CC&DW works with government, donors, NGOs and the private sector and to date CC&DW has completed in excess of 60 evaluations and 20 research studies. This presents an ideal opportunity for a talented researcher, or emerging evaluator, with an interest in evaluation, to grow your skills, confidence and expertise as an evaluator. CC&DW offers a creative and supportive workplace and encourages ongoing learning, self-growth and professional development, and realisation of individual potential.
We want to hear from you if you are looking to complete an MPhil in M&E or currently completing an MA/ MPHIL in M&E/ Programme Evaluation or have completed a Post Graduate Diploma in M&E / Programme Evaluation
- A completed Honours or Masters degree, with an average exceeding 65%
- Demonstrated commitment to pursuing a career in the field of monitoring and evaluation, with the emphasis on evaluation
- South African employment equity candidate
This position will suit an ambitious researcher or emerging evaluator, who works well in a team environment, is target driven and hard working. Additionally, the candidate should possess the following skills and qualities:
- Excellent English writing and communication skills;
- Additional African language preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience of social science research methodology;
- Strong analytical skills, both in qualitative and quantitative analysis;
- Willingness to undertake a variety of tasks inlcuding fieldwork logistics, fieldwork, instrument design/tool development, workshop and client engagement, data analysis and report writing.
- Committed to working in a fast-paced consultancy environment, producing high quality work, contributing to the team goals and organisational values
Only South African Employment Equity candidates will be considered. This opportunity is aimed at developing emerging evaluators from previously disadvantaged groups.
Although CC&DW has offices in Cape Town and Pretoria, this opportunity is Cape Town-based and the successful candidate will be required to relocate to Cape Town, should they currently reside elsewhere in South Africa.
Depending on the experience of the researcher/emerging evaluator a market-related salary, or comfortable stipend, will be paid over the period, commensurate with experience. Ideally this is most suited to an internship or junior researcher level. However more experienced researcher candidates will also be considered.
The successful candidate will be required to commit to completing a 4-year contract with CC&DW. This covers the period of MPhil programme and two additional years. This is a fully funded bursary to the value of 100k+. The candidate will be considered for promotion during this period, based on performance. Additional bursary conditions apply such as attendance at all courses, completion of all assignments, successful programme completion and award of the qualification.
To apply please send us:
- A motivational cover letter explaining your strengths and suitability for this opportunity, your interest in evaluation, how you will use this opportunity to contribute to the evaluation sector and to the work of CC&DW;
- Your CV/resume;
- A certified copy of your highest qualification/ degree obtained and recent academic transcipts;
- Two examples of your writing; and
- 3 contactable references and their contact details.
Incomplete applications and late submissions will not be considered. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 12h00 on Friday, 22 September 2017. Interviews will be conducted on Tuesday 26th September.
Queries can be directed via email to Lindy (email@example.com) or Susannah (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on +27 21 448 2058.
For more info on CC&DW : www.developmentworks.co.za
We reserve the right to not make an appointment, should we not find the right candidate. If you have not received a response to your application by 15 November 2017, please view your application as unsuccessful. The award of this bursary and appointment to CC&DW is dependent upon the candidate being accepted into the MPhil Programme at the University of Stellenbosch. Final shortlisted candidates should therefore anticipate preparing their application during 27-28th September, with support from CC&DW.