BRIDGE Innovation in Learning
BRIDGE was established in July 2009 as a non-profit organisation. Through its work, BRIDGE aims to build the capacity of the education system to expand, adopt working practices and emerge into a resilient performing system.
BRIDGE focuses on four focal areas:
- School Leadership
- Teacher Development
- Learner Support
- Early Childhood Development
BRIDGE seeks to appoint an Intern to be based in Johannesburg.
The candidate should be a recent University or TVET graduate with good administrative skills, some experience in working with communities and a young, energetic spirit. The position is a great opportunity for an individual interested in strengthening their administrative skills and learning about education in South Africa from a highly experienced team.
The intern would be expected to assist the above-mentioned projects, and other projects depending on BRIDGE’s needs. More specifically, the intern would be assisting BRIDGE in the following activities:
- Manage and update the filing system
- Manage the supplies, stationery and maintenance needed to run a small office
- Make travel arrangements
- Schedule meetings and manage catering requirements
- Undertake email correspondence with suppliers and others as required
- Maintain and update organisational databases
- Assist with formatting and design of presentations and proposals
- Conduct surveys and online research when required
- Knowledge management support to project managers
- The candidate must have a suitable diploma or degree
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced Internet and email skills
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and independent
- Willingness to learn from a diverse team
- A high degree of integrity and good people skills
- An interest in education will be an added advantage
To apply, submit a CV (maximum three pages) and one-page motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the following in the Subject Line: 'Application for Intern Position.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about BRIDGE, refer to www.bridge.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies