Mosaic, established in 1993 is a nonprofit, non-partisan organisation focused on preventing and reducing domestic, sexual violence and abuse. Mosaic uses a comprehensive approach, located within a human rights framework, to address domestic and sexual violence and abuse through a holistic set of interventions and prevention activities.
Mosaic seeks to appoint a Social Worker for the Sexual Violence Programme to be based in Cape Town.
Start Date: 1 October 2017
This is a one year contract with possibility of renewal.
- Case management and supervision of Lay Counsellors, First Responder Counsellors and Social Auxiliary Workers
- Provide psycho-social services to victims of gender-based violence, sexual violence and domestic violence
- Facilitate educational and awareness raising workshops to victims of gender-based violence and those at risk
- Conduct public information sharing sessions/presentations to increase awareness about gender-based violence and MOSAIC's services
- Engage in networking activities with relevant community stakeholders
- Write daily, weekly and monthly reports on activities implemented within the TCC and related programmes.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Actively participate in supervision and performance management processes
- Perform all the administrative and reporting functions required of the job
- Social Work Degree qualification, with proof of current registration with the SACSSP
- Minimum of Afrikaans/isiXhosa and English language skills, ability to communicate in additional South African languages will be advantageous
- Valid driver's licence a must
- Minimum of three years Social Work experience (experience in case management and supervision will be advantageous)
- Background knowledge and experience in the Thuthuzela Care Program, Sexual Violence sector and Gender Based Violence essential.
- Appropriate knowledge and practical experience of pro-actively working in the field of Gender Based Violence
- Skills in individual couple counselling
- Workshop facilitation skills
- Applicants must be self-motivated, possess people and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work as part of a team.
To apply, submit your application and CV with two contactable references for the Operations Manager: Mufaro Magidi at email@example.com and "cc" Spokazi Vazidlule at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 651 8662.
For enquiries please contact: Mufaro Magidi at 021 761 7585
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If the successful applicant is not currently based in Cape Town, s/he will be expected to relocate to Cape Town and if relocation is necessary, Mosaic will not be liable for relocation costs.
The appointment will be made in line with Mosaic's Employment Equity Plan.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Mosaic, refer to www.mosaic.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies