Tshikululu Social Investments
Tshikululu Social Investments is South Africa’s leading corporate social investment manager. Led by a team of thought leaders, Tshikululu provides private sector entities with a one-stop service to undertake comprehensive social investment and community grant making in line with national and international development trends.
Tshikululu Social Investments seeks to appoint a Researcher to be based in Johannesburg.
The successful candidate will provide and publish research, knowledge and insights that enhance client strategies and positions Tshikululu as a thought leader in social investment by agreed standards and deadlines.
- Participate in developing the annual research plan by identifying, scheduling, updating and prioritising the required external research, standard research data that will need to be procured and the customised internal research projects to be conducted to deliver on the annual research deliverables by the approved deadline
- Define required external research to deliver on research plan by defining the research scope, sourcing research providers, procuring services and managing delivery according to the contracted deliverables as per the plan
- Define standard research data that will need to be procured to deliver on the research plan by defining data requirements, sourcing data from research houses, procuring and receiving in the defined format that supports Tshikululu research deliverables as per the plan
- Define the customised internal research projects to be conducted to deliver on the research plan by defining the research methodology, conducting the research, gathering the research data, analysing and interpreting research findings in line with the research plans
- Define the programme and project post implementation research to be conducted based on the Grant Implementation Plan by defining the research scope, sourcing relevant researchers to conduct research (if relevant), appointing and managing delivery according to the defined contract and analysing research findings to inform the operational and strategic plan annually.
- Maintain an organisational programme /project dashboard that reflects overall research findings and impact by collating all research findings and presenting in an approved dashboard format for the approved time period monthly and annually
External Research Management
- Define Research Data
- Develop Terms of Reference for external research by defining the scope, drafting the terms of reference, inviting appropriate service providers to submit quotations and briefing appointed external service providers within SLA and to standard.
- Define service provider contracts by clearly stating the research scope, timelines, deliverables and data formats in the defined templates and complying with the procurement process according to defined SLA’s.
- Manage external Researchers by monitoring research progress and managing that research deliverables are delivered on time and in line with the defined scope weekly, monthly and according to contract timelines
- Close out research projects by managing that quality research data is received as defined and by approved deadlines within the defined SLA from project close
- Address researcher non delivery by following the agreed contract non-performance procedure, and when required, terminate contracts as per policy and procedure and within SLA
- Receive research reports from providers, analyse findings, review and develop research recommendations by agreed deadlines and in line with defined formats
Standard Research Data
- Maintain updated database of relevant data that is available from research houses and sources within SLA
- Source new and additional data sets to meet Tshikululu research needs and add to the database within deadline
- Source and procure required research data by selecting the required data from the database and procuring in the approved / required data formats within the agreed deadlines and in line with defined standards
- Analyse data, identifying trends, insights and findings and develop comprehensive reports presenting data feedback and findings within approved deadlines
- Customised Research
- Scope agreed in-house customised research projects, defining the research, hypothesis, methodology, approach, reporting requirements and plan by the agreed deadlines
- Conduct research by applying approved methodology and research standards, collecting research findings, analysing findings, developing research reports and recommendations and presenting findings by agreed deadline
- Integrate customised research findings with other research procured and sourced, internally and externally, by developing integrated research reports and presenting findings and recommendations, as and when required
- Develop and present expert opinions and research papers by conducting research, drafting articles or papers, submitting for review and publishing in relevant media monthly
Research and Operations Relationship Management
- Receive research requests from Fund Management and Advisory to conduct research, review and prioritise within agreed SLA
- Conduct requested research and present research findings in line with operational requests within approved deadlines
- Participate in meetings with relevant department to provide research insights that influence projects daily, weekly and monthly
- Resolve research queries within agreed SLA by receiving requests, evaluating, defining a solution and implementing within SLA
- Build resilient, mutually supportive relationships by identifying research role and needs, tracking progress, communicating on progress and addressing needs and concerns timeously and within SLA
- Relevant honours academic qualification with research outputs is required (M + 4)
- Specialisation in research or similar is preferred
- Five years’ senior researcher experience is required
- Two years outsourced research management experience is preferred
- Knowledge and Research Manager
- M&E Specialists
- Service providers
To apply, submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Preference will be given to South African citizens.
Appointments will be made in line with Tshikululu’s Employment Equity plan and other required legislation.
Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable for interview travel cost or relocation cost.
We reserve the right not to proceed with the filling of the advertised post.
An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
Please ensure that you meet the above requirements before you apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, accept that your application was unsuccessful.
For more about the Tshikululu Social Investments, refer to www.tshikululu.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies