Probono.Org is a dynamic NGO that enables private legal practitioners to provide pro bono legal services to the most vulnerable, marginalised and impoverished people living in South Africa. Our goal is to create sufficient free legal representation through the private profession for all who need it.
We have offices in Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town. This position is based in Johannesburg.
The person employed must:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the organisation;
- Ensure sound and prudent financial management and accountability;
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Have management and interpersonal skills;
- Have legal experience and familiarity with the law;
- Be able to work closely with the Board to ensure sound corporate governance, the development and implementation of organisational policies, and compliance with legal, regulatory and ethical standards;
- Have the ability to raise funds for the organisation, develop and maintain relationships with donors, and oversee donor reporting;
- Demonstrate a commitment to access to justice, public interest law and social justice;
- Build and nurture strategic relationships with the legal profession and its organisations, chapter 9 institutions and civil society organisations;
- Be familiar with relevant law and policy governing the private legal profession and pro bono;
- Be experienced in management, and have at least 10 years working experience; and
- Have SA citizenship or permanent residence status.
When applying please email the following documents to email@example.com. She can be contacted on: 011 339 6080
- A covering letter that covers each criteria mentioned above and provides a motivation regarding your suitability for the position;
- A full and comprehensive CV;
- Names and contact details of 3 referees;
- Copy of your passport or ID.
Closing date: 6th October 2017
If you do not hear from us by 13th October 2017, it means you were not shortlisted.