ActionAid South Africa
Availability: Immediately, or as soon as possible Type of contract: Open Ended Contract
A total cost to company package starting at R300’000 per annum is offered
ActionAid SA is looking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to take on the role of Finance Officer. The ideal candidate must have a strong commitment to develop, promote and practice ActionAid’s vision, mission, values and strategy. The position will provide support to the Finance Manager and Project Account with specific assigned responsibility of accounts payable, travel advances, partner advances and account reconciliations.
Duties may include but not limited to:
- Work with the Finance Manager and the Senior Finance Officer to capture and process all finance related transactions, reconciliations, and employee expense reports;
- Reviewing and posting transactions into SUN on a daily basis
- Ensures and check all payments below 50,000 Rand ensuring that all financial controls are fully adhered to.
- Prepare payments for AASA Annual return submissions;
- Prepare and make submissions the VAT Refund claims in line with local laws;
- Review and submit to SARS the monthly PAYE, UIF and SDL amounts due, before the 7th of every month on SARS e-filing;
- Prepare Payroll bi-annual and annual statutory returns
- Review the payroll on a monthly basis and prepare payroll in the absence of the Finance Assistant
- Prepare National Office cash flow Projections (income, expenditure and fund transfers) ensuring that funds are correctly allocated & managed in a timely and accurate manner
- Carrying out partner pre-award survey and partner’s financial management capability assessment; and process disbursements for partners
- Ensuring preparation of Cashbooks for processing into SUN
- Perform project related journals in line with Budget holder sign off.
- Perform other on-going financial reconciliations on the SUN system
- Assist the Finance Manager in closing SUN period of the immediate past month by 15th of the current month.
- Review and prepare Payroll on a monthly basis in the absence of the Finance Assistant;
- Perform the tax year end reconciliation;
- Reconciliations of monthly petty cash advances, debtor and creditors;
- And any other reasonable adhoc duties.
- Minimum of an Accounting Diploma (NQF5), Finance or other related area. A degreed individual with high aptitude may be considered for appointment;
- Must have worked for at least two years in an Accounts department, preferably in an NGO environment;
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of computerised accounting packages. Sun Systems will be an advantage;
Behavioural Skills Competence:
- Knowledge of marketing principles and marketing trends within South Africa
- Must have worked for at least two years in an Accounts department, performing account reconciliations.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of computerised accounting packages. Sun Systems will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of payroll systems (Sage VIP) will be essential
- Knowledge of SARS e-filling would be an advantage
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Must have experience of a cross-cultural environment
- Willingness to travel, often at short notice and to remote/rural areas
- Commitment to ActionAid's values, mission and vision
- Valid Driver’s license
Please send your CV and a one page motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Saturday, 30 September 2017. You are requested to highlight in the cover letter how you specifically meet the criteria for this role. Please indicate in the subject line of your email the position you are applying for.
Only South African citizens or individuals with permanent residency should apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have received feedback within two weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
ActionAid South Africa will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies.
ActionAid South Africa reserves the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.