Muscular Dystrophy Foundation Cape Branch (MDFC)
Muscular Dystrophy Foundation Cape Branch (MDFC) is a NGO providing services and support to persons young and old affected by MD and neuromuscular disorders.
Muscular Dystrophy Foundation Cape Branch seeks to appoint a Community Development Worker to be based in Goodwood, Western Cape.
This is a permanent position.
- Link people with Muscular Dystrophy to available resources in their communities
- Assist with support groups in the communities
- Conduct awareness programmes in schools, clinics and local community bodies
- Support people with Muscle Dystrophy and their families to manage their practical needs, e.g., adaptive environment and assistive devices
- All other duties assigned by management, this may include assisting in our bargain shop
- Grade 12 with relevant qualifications as a Community Development Worker
- Minimum two to three years’ relevant experience in the disability field as a Community Development Worker
- Computer literacy
- Report writing and interpersonal skills
- Facilitation skills and able to work independently
- Administrative skills
- English/Afrikaans essential + one African language would be an advantage
- Police Clearance Certificate essential.
- Salary R5844 pm.
- Valid Driver’s Licence and own car preferred
- Saturday Work is a requirement
To apply, submit a two page CV and a motivational letter, to the General Manager, Vanessa Jordaan email@example.com or fax to: 0865351387.
Enquiries: (021) 592 7306
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only apply if you live in Cape Town.
Do not apply for this job if you don’t have the right qualifications.
Only applicants that fit the above-mentioned criteria will be considered.
Should you not hear from us within two weeks after the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
MDFC reserves the right not to make an appointment on all short-listed candidates.
For more about the Muscular Dystrophy Foundation, refer to www.mdsa.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies