SolidarMed is a leading non-profit organization working to improve the health of people in rural Sub Saharan Africa. Working together with national partners to strengthen health systems and community capacities, we are committed to scientific evidence and policy dialogue both as foundations and objectives of our work.
We are offering an exciting position for an experienced Project Manager to join our passionate Moçambique team. For this key position, we are looking for a well-grounded and experienced professional with strong interpersonal and management skills and an academic background in medical sciences and/or public health.
Child Health Project Manager Ancuabe, Moçambique
Full time (100%) appointment (minimum 3 years)
Place of Assignment
Start of Duties
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Support two districts health directorates (Chiure, Ancuabe) to improve quality and coverage of child/adolescent health services related to HIV and nutrition
- Pilot and scientifically assess new strategies in view of potential scaling up
- Support selected activities to strengthen the District Health System (infrastructure, equipment etc.)
- Coordinate and support a local team
- Apply scientific evidence, promote lessons learned, network with research organizations and participate in research programs (specifically an ART patient cohort; www.iedea.sa)
- Coordinate with stakeholders such as the Provincial health directorate, Ministry of health, another NGO’s etc
- This position is predominantly a Project Manager position, but we welcome clinical participation in HIV or nutritional service provision
- Administrative tasks include budget control, project cycle management and reporting
- Paediatric or internal medicine Physician (MD) with strong interest or degree in public health (MPH)
- Clinical expertise in HIV or nutrition is an asset
- Public Health working experience in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Experience in project and staff management, interest in knowledge sharing, applied field research and scientific exchange
- Fluent English and Portuguese (written, spoken)
- If Portuguese is not yet spoken: French, Italian or Spanish and the willingness to learn Portuguese (you should be at ease in learning new languages);
- Solid computer skills, ideally also data analysis
- Willingness to live in a safe, but rural and remote area of Africa as only foreigner in the community
A fascinating and up to date project in a rural African setting in a stimulating environment, linked to bilateral organizations, universities and non-governmental organizations. You will be part of a motivated team with flat hierarchies. We also offer a specific training with the possibility of clinical collaboration as well as to capitalize experiences, network scientifically and participate in conferences. As part of Solidarmed, you benefit from an attractive package commensurate with Swiss standards. Family posting is possible and desirable. Interesting, safe, rural African setting, but no international schools are available at place of work.
For details of the benefit package available, please see our General Conditions of Employment http://www.solidarmed.ch/en/solidarmed/jobs. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org citing reference “Child Health Project Manager Ancuabe Mocambique 2018” and include
- your CV including 3 references
- a covering letter outlining your motivation and how you meet the requirements
- copies of your qualifications
Please also mention how you heard about the job posting (if internet, please mention which site).
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We kindly ask you not to send in duplicate or hard copies of your CV.
Deadline for applications:
5 of October 2017