Zisize Educational Trust
Zisize Educational Trust, a nonprofit organisation working in Ingwavuma, northern KwaZulu-Natal with orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and youth, seeks an enthusiastic Social Worker who will work at Ekukhanyeni cluster foster care scheme. The social worker should be passionate about child protection, fully understand and subscribe to developmental theory.
The Trust seeks to appoint a Social Worker to be based in KwaZulu Natal.
Remuneration: R141 420 per annum
- Intake and assessment of children.
- Formation of IDP’s for children.
- Manage implementation and review of IDP’s for each child
- Implementing Therapeutic programmes according to IDP defined needs
- Statutory Case work, Group work and Community networking
- Liaison with Case Managers, Department of Social Development
- Ensure family preservation services are effective, recorded & communicated
- Efficient report writing and all necessary statutory administration
- Manage and motivate carers to ensure daily programmes are implemented effectively and consistently, and are recorded.
- Run holiday programmes for children.
- Rendering psychosocial support services to children and placing children in foster care.
- Report writing and liaising with funders.
- Possession of an appropriate qualification
- SACSSP registration essential
- Two years working experience in running or managing a cluster foster home or child and youth care centre
- Organisational, group-work and communication skills
- Must be bilingual (English and IsiZulu essential)
- Must be fully computer literate and adhere to modern-day professional IT protocols
- Valid driver’s licence would be an advantage
- Must be child-friendly & creative in playful engagements with children
- Flexibility, this is an essential service post need to be able work irregular hours
- Clearance with the National Child Protection registry would be an advantage
To apply, submit your CV, motivational letter, certified copies of qualifications, ID and contactable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 293 0660.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
The successful candidate would need to be comfortable living in a rural area and able to start immediately.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more about Zisize Educational Trust, refer to www.zisize.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies