SANCA is Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that is dedicated to fighting the scourge of substance abuse in South African.
SANCA Soweto seeks to appoint a Social Worker to be based at the Rockville Office, Soweto.
This is a fixed term contract.
- Develop and maintain therapeutic and prevention programmes that adhere to the norms and standards of SANCA Soweto and the Department of Social Development
- Institute and maintain adequate professional supervision of Social Auxiliary Workers
- Ensure supervision and co-ordination of activities of administration, counselling and prevention
- Referring cases where applicable to relevant institutions/departments and/or organisations
- To remain available for crisis intervention social work as the need arises
- Developing and maintaining sound therapeutic and prevention programmes, in consulting with senior staff members and appropriate professionals within the organisation
- Matric Certificate mandatory
- B Degree in Social Work and/or equivalent qualification
- Must be registered with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP)
- SAPS Clearance certificate
- Affidavit declaring no listing in the sexual offences register and fit to work with children
- Experience in social work desired however not a prerequisite for the position