HIVSA is a not for profit company which was established in 2002 with a full time staff compliment of over 100 members and is a strategic partner of the Gauteng Provincial Departments of Health and Social Development. HIVSA empowers individuals, community workers and organisations by developing their capacity and resilience to effectively address socio-economic and health issues in the context of high HIV and AIDS burden with the ultimate vision of creating an HIV free generation.
HIVSA seeks to recruit a Trainer – HIV & Aids, STI and TB to be based in Gauteng.
The trainer will be responsible for providing both accredited and non-accredited training and subsequently offer the following: assessment, training reports and learner support. The facilitator will also be responsible for reviewing and development of training material as well as fulfilment of administrative tasks.
- Preparation and planning for the provision of both accredited and non- accredited training courses, (as stipulated in the HTQMS document), to participants being trained locally and on site
- Verbal and written feedback to Training Manager on all trainings conducted
- Compilation and submission of training and progress reports after each training course facilitated
- Developing and updating of training materials:
- Assessments of Portfolios of Evidence for unit standards that the senior trainer is registered for
- Compilation of assessment reports and submission of assessment reports to training manager
- Assisting Training Manager in preparation for verification of results by the HWSETA
- Networking with other PEPFAR partners, NGO’s and CBO’s for training purposes.
- Administration -Submission of all training registers and completed evaluation forms to administrator for capturing onto database
- Filing of documents according to the procedures set out at the training centre
- Degree in Nursing or equivalent qualification (covering Maternal Health, Child Health, Communicable and Non-Communicable diseases, Community Health & Environmental Health)
- Nursing Education Diploma
- Post qualification experience in primary health care or a community setting.
- At least three years’ experience in training both accredited (HWSETA) and non-accredited training courses.
- Registration as an assessor with the HWSETA
- Report writing skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Sound decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and excellent patterns of communication
- Valid unendorsed driver’s licence
To apply, submit your motivation letter and CV (not more than five pages), and three contactable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org or The HR Manager, HIVSA, P O Box 3869, Southgate, 2082 or fax: 086 244 5444.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more about HIVSA, refer to www.hivsa.com
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies