Pact, an international NGO based in Pretoria, seeks to employ the expertise of an Agreements & Compliance Specialist and a Grants & Contracts Officer to support the USAID Funded Government Capacity Building Support Programme (GCBS).
Agreements & Compliance Specialist
(1 year contract)
Preparation for Pre-proposal and Proposal Development
- Review, advise and provide input regarding RFPs, RFAs, APSs, and other types of bid requests or donor solicitations and proposal preparation with regards to regulatory, risk mitigation, or potential compliance issues.
- Coordinates with the Financial Planning and Analysis team contributing as needed and providing compliance and regulatory input on proposal budgets and budget notes, cost and pricing information, level of effort, indirect cost calculations and presentation.
- Conducts due diligence and preparation of certain regulatory-specific component parts to proposal, such as representations and certifications.
Prime Award Negotiation and Project Implementation/ Sub-award Management
- Administer the full cycle of subcontract management activities, from solicitation through selection, pre-award assessment, negotiation, monitoring/compliance visits, and closeout.
- Utilize Pact’s sub award management system (Salesforce) and accounting system (Serenic NAV) for subaward issuance and management. Ensure that all required documentation is available and stored as per Pact policy.
- Support closeout of awards, including preparation of final inventories, property disposition, etc.
Management and Supervision of Staff
- Supervise the Contracts Officer
- Provide training on regulatory and other matters to staff across the organization and lead presentations on awards or other matters
Minimum Education, skills and experienced required
- Bachelors degree, with preference for a Master’s degree
- At least 10 years of relevant experience, including at least 5 years’ experience working with U.S. Government contracts, grants and cooperative agreements either with a for- or not-for profit org
- Working knowledge of U.S. gov’t regulations and requirements applicable to development assistance and acquisition including OMB Circulars (e.g. A-122), 22 CFR 226 and 22 CFR 228, ADS, FAR, AIDAR, etc.
- Experience with grants and contracts requirements of other bilateral and multilateral donors preferred
- Experience working in multicultural work-environment and decentralized field-driven organization with strong interpersonal, collaboration, and team building skills
- Compliance with policy and procedures and ability to promote compliance
- Must have a keen eye for detail and work accurately under pressure
- Good negotiating and conflict resolution / problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of budgets
- Excellent communication and writing skills with demonstrated experience in communicating complex processes to diverse stakeholders and at all levels
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the MS Office package especially MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Access, and sub-award management or document management system
- Must be South African citizen or permanent resident with fluency in English and preferably one local indigenous South African language
- Should be in possession of a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel if/when necessary. 10-15% travel anticipated
Grants & Contracts Officer
(1 year contract)
Pre-proposal and proposal development (technical support)
- Conduct initial review of solicitations by interpreting regulations, clarifying compliance issues, and identifying possible business risks
- Perform due diligence on potential Pact partners including vetting parties for terrorism and debarment
- Review and negotiate prime award including evaluation of terms
Administrative and Management of Awards and Sub-awards
- Manage prime award records including assigning project numbers, performing initial award entry and modifications
- Maintain and update frequently the matrix for each contract
- Coordinate with Financial Planning and Analysis Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Minimum Education, Experience and skills requirements
- At least a BA degree / Bachelor of Social Sciences or an associate degree
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in contracts administration and management
- Same as other requirements listed for the above position.
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters. Subject line should detail the relevant position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Thursday, 17 September 2017 for initial round of application review. However, applications will be accepted until both positions are filled.
Pact reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates including credit rating. Please note that correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only and if you do not hear from us within 3 months, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.