Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS)
Do you have a business idea that addresses a social or environmental problem?
Together with our partners, we’re giving away up to R 150 000 in cash prizes!
If you think you have what it takes to pitch to a panel of experts and a live audience, we want to hear from you.
The GIBS Entrepreneurship Development Academy, will be hosting the 4th annual Social & Green Entrepreneurship Festival of Ideas Competition at the GIBS campus in November. The festival casts the spotlight on sound business ideas that drive a social or environmental mission to achieve social change. Aspirant social entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to pitch their unique social or environmental business ideas to a panel of experts for a chance to win spot cash prizes of up to R150,000.
How to enter:
- Send a two-minute voice note of your idea on WhatsApp to 081 5200 592, include your full name and email address.
- Entries close on 30 September 2017.
How it works:
- Send a two-minute voice note of your idea on WhatsApp
- 50 candidates will be shortlisted and notified by mid October
- All shortlisted candidates must attend a Pitching for Funding Workshop to be held at GIBS on 1 November 2017 (date subject to change, confirmation will be sent to all candidates)
- A second shortlisting will take place on the Workshop day and 10 candidates will be chosen to pitch to our funders on the main event.
- The main event will be held at GIBS on 15th November, where the top 10 finalist will pitch their ideas to win a share of the prize money.
Terms and Conditions
- Only SA citizens are allowed to apply
- Only voice note entries will be accepted;
- Voice notes must be clear and a maximum of 2 minutes
- No entries will be accepted after 30th September;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
- Attendance of the workshop is compulsory for all shortlisted candidates. Failure to attend will result in disqualification;
- Excludes transport and accommodation. All shortlisted candidates will need to pay for and arrange for their own transport to GIBS in Johannesburg for the workshop and the main event;
- All ideas must have a social or environmental benefit;
- No cash will be given on the day of pitching, your banking details are to be sent and the money will be deposited in your account.
- Judges reserve the right not to award the full amount of money;
- Judges decision is final;
- GIBS and its partners reserves the right to use the winners and their ideas for promotional and research purposes in any manner it deems fit without remuneration being made payable to the winners.
- All competition participants must be over 18 years of age.
For more information, refer to https://www.gibs.co.za/Pages/Festival-Of-Ideas.aspx