Student Sponsorship Programme (SSP)
Since 2000, the Student Sponsorship Programme (SSP), a nonprofit trust that has provided educational opportunities to hundreds of talented South African students from low-income families to attend the best secondary schools in Gauteng and the Eastern Cape.
SSP seeks to appoint an Academic Director to be based in Johannesburg.
Reports directly to the Executive Director and is a member of the Executive Committee (ExCo) of the organisation.
The Academic Director is the organisation’s main point of contact with our partner schools – including school Heads, the school coordinators and school bursars.
- Work in an integrated manner with all of ExCo, but in particular with the Recruitment Director
- Manage multiple stakeholder relationships other than our partner schools – including parents, donors, service providers and other NPOs in the education sphere and has to be keenly aware of our Scholars’ academic and psycho-social needs, and how best to support them on their five
- Has to be keenly aware of our Scholars’ academic and psycho-social needs, and how best to support them on their five-year journey in South Africa’s top schools. The Academic Director has to be an advocate for our Scholars and their interests at all times
- Will work in an integrated manner with all of ExCo, but will work most closely with the Recruitment Director
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Post graduate qualification will be an advantage. Especially a teaching qualification, or a qualification relating to education
- Teaching experience an added advantage
- Project management
- Community development experience, especially youth development
- Understanding of the educational arena, from ECD phase right through to higher education
- Demonstrable data management skills
- Solid data analysis experience
- Report writing
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Computer skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer and MS Projects)
- Highly organised individual with sound administrative skills
- Ability to draft and manage a budget
- Cultural literacy
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Comprehensive understanding of South Africa’s socio-economic realities
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to function well individually as well as in a team
- Ability to plan, co-ordinate, implement and monitor events and functions
- High level of analytical skills
- Writing skills
- Confident public speaker
- A proven track record of professionalism, strong values and integrity
- Ability to interact at all levels and with various stakeholders
- Problem solving skills
- Innovative and creative
- Personal commitment to excellence
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Must be able to travel regularly within South Africa, and abroad occasionally
- Nonprofit Sector
- Education Services
To apply, submit your CV including your salary slip to Thandeka.email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only candidates who meet these stipulated requirements will be contacted for interviews.
For more about the Student Sponsorship Programme, refer to www.ssp.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies