ANOVA Health Institute
Anova Health Institute is a leading not for profit organisation in South Africa and a major partner in capacity building and the provision of technical support to the South African Department of Health (DoH).
Anova seeks to appoint a Medical Doctor – Opioid Substitution Therapy to be based in Gauteng.
Ref No: MT/0803/17
- Develop, review and update OST protocols in accordance with national and international guidelines
- Ensure that the OST protocols are correctly applied at the sites, and that care provided meets the required standards
- Establish working relationships with DoH stakeholders & other partner stakeholders and liaise with them in relation to the OST programme
- Clinical management of OST activities at each OST site, as well as other medical conditions such as HIV. This includes supervision of OST activities of professional nurse.
- Organise and participate in the patient selection process
- Assess patients deemed eligible for the OST programme
- Initiate the patients onto OST at appropriate dosage
- Monitor the daily dispensing of OST medication by the professional nurse
- Perform follow up consultations with patients
- Modify dosage as required and in discussion with patients and professional nurse
- Organise and conduct regular OST team meetings and patient case discussions at the two sites
- Perform medical consultations for non-OST PWID patients upon request of project manager
- Support and participate in training for staff and stakeholders.
- MBBCh (with valid medical registration with HPCSA)
- At least two years’ experience as a medical doctor
- Willing to travel between sites in City of Johannesburg and Ekurhuleni
- A valid driver’s license
- Specific knowledge on OST (Opioid Substitution Therapy), harm reduction, addiction medicine, or HIV and STI's
- Knowledge of referral pathways and networks in case of emergencies.
- Have an interest in community outreach and skills development
- Work a minimum of two days per week
To apply, submit your CV and application letter to Thandi Mathebula at firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Anova Health Institute refer to www.anovahealth.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies