Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
DTHF seeks to appoint a Community Liaison Officer to be based in Masiphumelele, Fish Hoek, Cape Town.
This full-time two-year fixed-term contract position.
The annual remuneration package is negotiable between R178 055 and R331 945 dependent on skills and experience.
- Design, implement and manage participant recruitment, retention, tracing and adherence strategies for all clinical and socio-behavioural research projects
- Facilitate the relationship between the Community Advisory Board (CAB), the community at large and the DTHF
- Line manage the Community Outreach Workers and adhere to Site targets, protocol and guidelines
- Planning and implementation of a coherent and strategised Community Outreach Programme
- Line management and team building for Community Outreach Workers
- Creative planning and execution of Community Outreach Events and Activities
- Proactively maintain an up-dated knowledge base pertaining to HIV/AIDS, prevention, related subjects and clinical trials conducted at the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
- Obtain and distribute to Community Outreach Workers latest and up-dated information with regard to HIV/AIDS and related subjects
- Attend training programmes, workshops and conferences related to trials and research being carried out by the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
- Constructive contribution to an effective Community Education Programme, Trials and Research Recruitment Programme and initiatives and Retention Programme and strategies
- Manage and implement Community Education, Recruitment and Retention Programmes
- Facilitate, participate and monitor the mobilisation of potential participants to the Research Centre for the purpose of recruitment activities, discussion groups, pre-screening, screening and special events
- Assess understanding and eligibility of potential volunteer participants who visit the Centre
- Budget control – Submit budget for events for approval from Project Leader and adherence to the budget
- Tertiary degree (Teaching, Social Science, Administration or related field) Postgraduate would be advantageous
- Minimum three years’ intercommunity liaison work experience; preference in stakeholder/ CAB engagement
- Code 8 driver’s license
- Experience in managing staff will be advantageous
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Knowledge of research methodology
- Computer skills (Internet, Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Financial administration skills will be advantageous
- Project Coordination skills
- Facilitation skills
- Problem solving and decision- making sills
- Attentive to detail
- Analytical skills
- Ability to build interpersonal relationships/ stakeholder management
- Work ethic and standards Facilitation skills
- Ability to lead a team, as well as be a team player
- Planning and organising skills
- Ability to multi task
- Values fit: Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
To apply, quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three current contactable referees to HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za quoting Job reference: #DTHF/C058.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DTHF is committed to equity in our employment practices.
It is with intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
DTHF reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you do not receive a response within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies