South African History Archive (SAHA)
Established in 1988 by anti-apartheid activists, the South African History Archive (SAHA) is an independent, nonprofit, activist archive committed to documenting, supporting, and promoting greater awareness of historical and, since 1994, contemporary struggles for justice and accountability.
SAHA seeks to appoint a Support Services Officer to be based at SAHA offices, Constitution Hill, Johannesburg.
The remuneration is competitive and is proportionate to experience.
This is a full time position.
The candidate should be politically aware, trustworthy and flexible, committed to streamlining systems and processes to better support the SAHA team in promoting archives for justice in South Africa. This person should be able both to work well with others, and to manage his or her workload independently, and should demonstrate innovative thinking and integrity in the work place.
- Finance and accounting: Supporting the financial administration of SAHA through the timely processing and acknowledgement of incoming and outgoing funds, the payment of bills through online banking, petty cash control, maintaining records of transactions (including online payment and donation systems) and assisting with budget and report preparation, in line both with SAHA policies, and those of SAHA’s funders, as directed by the SAHA Directorate
- Reception: Performing reception functions, including fielding incoming telephone calls and general email, welcoming visitors, answering enquiries from the general public, and keeping a record of calls, visitors, and incoming / outgoing postage
- Record keeping: Maintaining files and systems for record keeping effectively, including managing SAHA contacts, filing all administrative and human resources records in a systematic manner (electronic and hard copy) and backing up computer files as required
- Meetings and logistics: Taking and distributing minutes of meetings as required; managing the office calendar; providing efficient logistical support for the planning and delivery of SAHA workshops, dialogue forums, etcetera; and
- Administrative support: provide office support, including managing the timely and responsible use of office equipment, stationery and supplies; ensuring printing and IT services are in working order and maintained; and monitoring the distribution of SAHA’s publications and products
- Degree/Diploma in Business/Office Administration or similar
- A minimum of two year’s relevant work experience (NGO experience advantageous)
- Organisational skills are essential, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
- Demonstrable IT experience, including advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- High attention to detail
- Verbal and written communication skills
To apply, submit your CV to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
SAHA is an equal opportunities employer and we encourage applications from previously disadvantaged candidates who meet the above requirements.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about the South African History Archive, refer to www.saha.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies