Small Projects Foundation (SPF)
Small Projects Foundation (SPF) is a non-governmental organisation (NGO), that aims at achieving the development of individuals, families and communities who are committed to their own growth and development.
SPF seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, based in East London.
Starting date: 1 November 2017
Reporting to the Programme Manager and Operations Manager, the M&E Officer will be responsible for Developing, implementing and managing systems for the monitoring evaluation and reporting.
- Oversee the implementation of the M&E work plan, drive and sustain quality assurance in the collection of good quality data as well as analyse and provide critical interpretation of the data that allows for the improvement of programme implementation and management
- Consistently provide input to all process and outcome reporting, support programme planning, review and formal programme evaluations
- Responsible for data cleaning
- Writing and performing statistical analysis ad hoc reports for various projects and programme managers
- A university degree (or equivalent) in Public Health, Health Economics, Epidemiology; Biostatistics, Social sciences OR related research-based qualification is essential, (Master’s degree in public health or equivalent is preferable
- Minimum of at least five years working experience in ME&R and Research
- Experience in Planning and managing ME&R Systems for Social and Health programmes including HIV/AIDS programmes
- Experience liaising with government departments and other stakeholders on data issues
- Ability to perform statistical analysis
- Calculate and interpret summary statistics
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively, and as part of a team
- Ability to manage analyse routine data and provide programme feedback
- High level of computer literacy including Access, Word, Excel, Power Point; Salesforce, Tableau
- Programming skills, e.g. VBA
- Time Management ability
- Demonstrated ability to train others on Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Analytical skills and attention to details
- Research and numeric skills
- Verbal, written and communication skills
- Experience in data Packages
- Project management experience
To apply, submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Application for Monitoring & Evaluation Officer" in the subject line.
- Cover Letter
- Detailed CV with three contactable references
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Certified copies of ID, driver’s license
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If in the event that you do not hear from the organisation within two weeks of closing date, assume your application has been unsuccessful.
For more information Small Projects Foundation, refer to www.spf.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies