ActionAid South Africa
ACTIONAID South Africa
SUPPORTER MARKETING OFFICER
Availability: Immediately, or as soon as possible Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract for 15 months
A total cost to company package starting at R200’000 per annum is offered
ActionAid South Africa (AASA) is a country programme of ActionAid International, as we work towards an ambitious target of increasing regular income over the next five years. With significant investment secured to diversify our fundraising approaches globally, ActionAid South Africa launched a direct marketing programme this year to recruit regular givers as Child Sponsors through Face2Face Fundraising and Direct Television (DRTV).
We are now looking for an enthusiastic self-starter who is experienced in direct marketing to play a key role in delivering the fundraising programme to diversify and increase our income and expand our impact in South Africa.
Duties may include but not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Fundraising (HoFr) to grow the existing Regular Giving programme,
- Drive an integrated approach to donor acquisitions that focuses on recruiting and retaining high quality supporters
- Identify and evaluate new fundraising innovations and acquisition whilst keeping abreast of new developments
- Collaboratively plan and manage the donor/multi-media retention programme Develop and identify suitable case history material; copywriting, designing and proofreading materials; and adapting as necessary
- Maintain the CRM system and maintain all databases
- Analyse and report on fundraising performance to guide decision making
- Ensure all communications are consistent, high quality, relevant, delivered on time, and in line with the ActionAid brand.
- Provide trainings to all new fundraisers and externally
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Marketing/Fundraising or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Fundraising or Direct marketing in an NGO environment
- Fluency in English is required, other local languages will be an advantage
Behavioural Skills Competence:
- Knowledge of marketing principles and marketing trends within South Africa
- CRM database management, including data analysis and reporting
- Extensive knowledge of supporter/customer retention strategies and tactics
- Understanding of the key elements of supporter/customer journeys to increase life time value (LTV) and reduce attrition rates.
- Experience in developing new products
- Extensive knowledge of recruitment channels, including digital and the integration of off-line and on-line
- knowledge and understanding of Child Sponsorship
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Commitment to ActionAid's values, mission and vision
- Valid Driver’s license
Please send your CV and a one page motivation letter to: email@example.com by no later than Wednesday, 20 September 2017. You are requested to highlight in the cover letter how you specifically meet the criteria for this role. Please indicate in the subject line of your email the position you are applying for.
Only South African citizens or individuals with permanent residency should apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have received feedback within two weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
ActionAid South Africa will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies.
ActionAid South Africa reserves the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.