Uviwe Child & Youth Services
Uviwe Child & Youth Services is a registered child protection organisation (as per Children's legislation). The organisation has as its primary objective the creation of a caring society, protective of children's rights, while focusing on the development of children and youth to improve their quality of life and to reach their full potential as economically active citizens. A special focus is maintained regarding orphaned, ‘at risk’ and vulnerable children, child victims of crime, children in alternative care placements, as well as pre-school development (ECD), however such focus is not exclusive by nature.
Uviwe seeks to appoint a Programme Coordinator – PEIP / Community Centres to be based in Port Elizabeth.
A competitive salary is offered. Posts are linked to funded projects’ duration.
Preferred start date: 1 October 2017
- Coordinate multi-programme activities
- Ensure programme objectives are achieved, within budget and time limits
- Oversee the budgets for all programmes
- Coordinate the implementation and integration of child protection, ECD and family preservation programmes at 6 centres
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
- Project management qualification or at least three years’ experience in project management
- Experience in ECD, child protection, parenting and life skills programmes will be preferential
- Ability to network and form sustainable partnerships with community organisations
- Report writing skills (funder reports)
- Strong M&E background with knowledge of practical monitoring tools
- Community based project implementation experience
- Strong financial skills and strong M&E skills
- Management of people (HR)
- Must be able to work in MS Excel and Word
To apply, submit your CV, and copies of your qualifications and valid driver’s licence to Suana Jordaan at firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information, contact Mrs Trudie Beneder at email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Uviwe, refer to www.uviwe.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies