On behalf of The Solutions for Youth Employment (S4YE) coalition, Restless Development, is running a youth consultation in Gauteng during the week of 9th October 2017.
Restless Development seeks 10 young people aged 18-29 years old to participate in the South Africa Youth Consultation for three days on the week commencing 9th October 2017 (travel on the 9th, workshop 10th - 12th, depart on the morning of 13th).
- Share your experiences and innovative solution and facilitation
The Solutions for Youth Employment (S4YE) coalition provides leadership and resources for catalytic action to increase the number of young people engaged in productive work. The coalition brings together stakeholders from the public sector, private sector and civil society to link to each other for coordinated action, to identify, learn from, and innovate upon successful solutions, and to leverage and scale up effective policies and investments to enhance employment among youth.
On behalf of S4YE, Restless Development, is running a series of youth consultations in South Africa, Colombia and India throughout September and October 2017.
Participating in the consultation is an opportunity for you to;
- Share your experience and innovative solutions to the youth employment crisis
- Influence how the S4YE coalition could and should engage with young people
- Build your knowledge of global and national youth employment and enterprise issues
- Network with other young people from diverse backgrounds also leading change in youth employment and entrepreneurship
- Gain skills and experience in consultation research design & facilitation
To apply, click here
- You must be a resident of South Africa
- You must be aged 18-29
- You are available to attend the three-day youth consultation in Gauteng during the week commencing 9th October 2017, allowing travel either side.
- You must be able to fluently communicate in English (both spoken and written)
- You can travel unsupported to the workshop location and venue
- You will have demonstrated leadership with other young people in the areas of youth employment and/or entrepreneurship (such as establishing a mentoring programmes or setting up a social enterprise)
- You are flexible and easily adaptable with a positive attitude
- You can commit 2 hours before the workshop to reading the briefing paper and preparing a short presentation.
The following qualities are desirable, though not essential:
- You are involved in a community-based organisation and/or connected to other networks of young people
- You have experience of representing youth perspectives/the experiences of others
- You have experience of collaborative working.
All travel, food and accommodation will be covered by Restless Development.
Accommodation will likely be shared with participants of the same sex.
Restless Development will be aiming to form a diverse group of genders and backgrounds.
For more information about Restless Development, please refer to www.restlessvelopment.org
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities