Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR)
The Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) is a Cape Town-based nonprofit think tank that seeks to build free democratic and inclusive societies across Africa.
IJR seeks to appoint a Project Leader to be based in Cape Town.
This is within the Research and Policy Programme, for the implementation of the Afrobarometer public opinion research project in Southern Africa.
The Afrobarometer is a Pan-African, non-partisan research network that conducts public attitude surveys on democracy, governance, economic conditions, and related issues in more than 35 countries in Africa, and the IJR coordinates its activities in Southern Africa.
Working under the leadership of the Afrobarometer, the new Senior Project Leader will help to ensure adherence to the survey’s high standards with respect to its management, implementation and dissemination in Southern Africa.
- Scheduling survey activities in conjunction with the country partners
- Production of work plans and ensuring timely and effective implementation of survey activities by each national Partner, according to work plans
- Providing quality control to ensure compliance to Afrobarometer protocols for questionnaire development, fieldwork, and dissemination
- Ensuring South Africa survey data is released on time and publications are prepared on time
- Participate in the production and review of country dispatches and other Afrobarometer publications
- Contribute to project outreach by making periodic presentations at public briefings, conferences, workshops, or press events
- Prepare reports as required by the AB Monitoring and Evaluation Unit
- A Master’s degree in a social science discipline
- Strong quantitative analytical skills are essential, and knowledge on use of SPSS mandatory
- Experience in conducting public opinion survey fieldwork is essential
- Verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to translate the survey results into publications and presentations that cater for different audiences, ranging from academics, policymakers, and civil society organisations
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a multi-national environment
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a wide range of tasks
- Willingness to travel in Africa, and occasionally beyond, on a regular basis.
To apply, submit your application to Ms Elisha Kotze firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “AB Project Leader Vacancy”.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates with South African citizenship, or who are already in possession of relevant documentation to work in South Africa, are encouraged to apply for this exciting position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date.
For more about the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation, refer to www.ijr.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies