Smile Train is an international children’s charity that provides 100%-free cleft repair surgery and comprehensive cleft care to children in 85+ developing countries. Our sustainable model empowers local doctors to provide cleft care in their own communities.
Based in Southern Africa, (South Africa, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Madagascar, Lesotho, Swaziland, Mozambique, Angola, Namibia and Botswana)
Smile Train seeks to fill the following position:
The overall purpose of the role is to devise, plan and implement local strategies to achieve the mission and goals of Smile Train in terms of high-quality and safe cleft lip and palate care through effective management of programmes and partnerships in Southern Africa.
Ensuring and taking full responsibility for all legal compliances within the region and with the applicable laws of the United States. Acting when and where necessary to ensure the best interests of the organization and our programs as well as being the 'face' of Smile Train in the region. Preparing and monitoring the budget and being responsible for ensuring full compliance with Smile Train’s Safety & Quality Protocol and organizational Guidelines.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Instituting suitable business processes and necessary control mechanisms for the continual monitoring of financial, programmatic, and medical targets in the region
- Receiving, reviewing, and analyzing all grant requests from local stakeholders
- Ensuring all operations are legally and financially transparent and in compliance with all local laws and laws of the U.S. that apply to local business practices
- Leading efforts to share Smile Train’s global messaging locally and help to build the brand and awareness of Smile Train programs in Southern Africa
- Capturing and sharing stories, images, and videos that help to tell Smile Train’s story and that could be used across the organization to further Smile Train’s mission
- Building and nurturing the ‘Smile Train’ brand, developing an image of a focused, committed, ethical and caring organization upholding and furthering ‘best practices’ in cleft care
Suitable candidates for the Programme Manager vacancy should possess the following:
- Sound professional qualifications - including a degree in Medicine, Public Health, Social Sciences, International Relations, Law or Accounting
- An MBA from a reputed Business School will be an added advantage
- Thorough familiarity with the cultures of Southern Africa and fluency in English are essential
- 3-5 years related work experience in a management position in a large multinational or national for-profit or not-for-profit organization with significant project management experience
- Ability to work with a global team, exhibiting cultural sensitivity, a commitment to Smile Train’s mission, strong time management skills, and capacity to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday 08th September 2017 to email@example.com