Community Organisation Resource Centre (CORC)
The Community Organisation Resource Centre (CORC) is a nonprofit organisation working in informal settlements supporting communities to improve their built environment. Through social facilitation and technical support, CORC assists linking up informal settlements and civil society to the local government.
CORC seeks to appoint a an Architect / Urban Designer to be based in Cape Town.
The position is a one-year contract starting from 1st September 2017 until 31st August 2018.
The successful candidate will to be part of the technical team supporting informal settlements upgrading and housing projects.
- Support communities to develop responsive design strategies for urban upgrading in informal settlements, i.e.: layout design, community facility design, improved access to basic services design solutions, technical drawings and presentation to key stakeholders
- Support communities to design efficient and affordable housing options
- Facilitate community engagement with various stakeholders
- Assist project management of specific projects, including appointment of contractors, budget oversight, procurement of materials, local labour and coordination of Project Steering Committees
- Coordinating activities in various informal settlements with the ISN (informal settlement Network) team (technical and social facilitation) and FEDUP (Federation of Urban and Rural Poor)
- Writing monthly reports updating information on the projects
- Post-Graduate Degree in Architecture/Urban Design
- Knowledge of MS Office software
- Knowledge of graphic software, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Suite, ArchiCAD
- Experience in Architectural projects
- Proficiency in isiXhosa and a familiarity with the project context is an advantage
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle is advantageous
- Must have at least two years’ work experience
To apply, submit your CV to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the Community Organisation Resource Centre, refer to www.sasdialliance.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies