Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
DTHF seeks to appoint a Study Coordinator to be based in Masiphumelele, Fish Hoek, Cape Town.
This is a two year fixed term contract.
The main purpose of this position is to coordinate and direct the onsite activities of the clinical trial.
- Establish and coordinate clinical trials from feasibility, through recruitment and enrolment, day-to-day management, data queries, monitoring to archiving
- Manage study documentation – including investigator site files and developing source documents
- Quality Control of study documents – source and CRF’s
- Study Procedures – ensure staff are trained appropriately and study protocols are followed
- Coordinate study monitoring visits
- Reporting on study updates and targets, including participating on conference calls
- Research Principles – Perform all activities according to Good Clinical Practice Standards
- Tertiary qualification in Health-related field, qualification in nursing/ lab sciences preferred (and registration with South African Nursing Council or HPCSA)
- At least six months’ experience with Clinical Trials
- Knowledge of ICH / GCP guidelines, current GCP certification preferred and study coordination certification will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet)
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written with proficiency in English (isiXhosa and/or Afrikaans will be advantageous)
- Able to multitask and be flexible
- Must be able to work independently and within a team
- Client Focus
- Planning and Organising
- Attention to detail
- Continuous learning
- Problem solving
- Work standards
To apply, quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za quoting Job reference: #DTHF/C092.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DTHF is committed to equity in our employment practices.
It is with intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
DTHF reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you do not receive a response within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies