St Luke's Hospice
St Luke’s Hospice is committed to caring for patients with life threatening illnesses, supporting their families and cares for people of all religions.
St Luke’s Hospice seeks to appoint a Community Social Worker based in Cape Town.
This a 12 Month Half Day Contract Position.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with St Luke’s Hospice Inter-Disciplinary Team (IDT) to provide psychosocial support to client patients, their family members and significant others.
- Provide planned patient care
- Facilitate the social services of patients
- Perform crisis interventions when necessary
- Compile and submit reports e.g. Psycho Social Assessments and Client Statistics
- Attend meetings and workshops
- Any other Ad-hoc functions as allocated
- Bachelor of Social Science in Social Work plus two to three year’s related training and/or experience in a similar position
- Current registration with SACSSP
- Strong ability to read & interpret documents & write reports & correspondence
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Organisational & communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A valid Code 8 Drivers license
- Speak a minimum of two of the official languages of the Western Cape
- Must be computer literate
To apply, submit a covering letter and CV, not more than two pages and two contactable referees to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
We reserve the right not to make an appointment.
St Luke’s Hospice is guided by the principles of Employment Equity.
For more about the St Luke’s Hospice, refer to www.stlukes.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies