Philani Maternal, Child Health and Nutrition Project has been addressing maternal and child health problems in the informal settlements surrounding Cape Town since 1979. Philani's programmes promote family health, focusing on the support of pregnant mothers, prevention of child malnutrition and the rehabilitation of underweight children. The organisation is committed to limiting the suffering of families infected and affected by HIV and preventing the spread of the virus.
Philani seeks to appoint a Training Unit Manager to be based in Khayelitsha, Cape Town.
The Manager will be responsible for providing training, supervision and evaluation on the implementation of Philani’s Mentor Mother model both internally and externally to partner organisations.
- Development and expansion of training package and material
- Development of an annual training plan including people development opportunities within in the organisation
- Assisting in the expansion and replication of the Mentor Mother Programme by seeking out external training opportunities and actively marketing the programme
- Pursuing opportunities to partner with training service providers accredited by the HWSETA
- Monitoring and evaluation of training (both internal and external)
- People management, fund raising and building strong relationships with funders
- Putting together initial proposals, budgets, deliverable and negotiating contracts with clients
- Ensuring the training unit remains financially viable by ensuring its sustainability
Training will include but is not limited to the following topics
- Maternal and child health and nutrition
- Antenatal and postnatal care
- Growth monitoring
- TB and HIV
- Home based interventions
- Chronic diseases of lifestyle
- Counselling and communication skills
- Early learning, stimulation and play
- At least 10 years of working experience
- Experience in training and the development of training programmes
- Experience in the NGO and/or Health Care sector
- A tertiary education preferably a postgraduate degree in Nursing, Public Health or Education
- Relationship and Organisation Management
- Leadership, Initiative and Planning
- Project Management and Communication
To apply, submit your CV’s to Naomi email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
The candidate must be prepared to travel.
For more information about the Philani Child Health and Nutrition Trust, please refer to www.philani.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies