Buhle Farmers' Academy
Buhle Farmers’ Academy is a Farmer Development Institution that has been growing since the year 2000. Its mission is to enable new and emerging farmers to establish themselves in viable farming businesses through effective skills training and support in order to alleviate poverty and promote sustainable economic development and resources use in South Africa.
Buhle Famers' Academy seeks to appoint a Junior Accountant to be based in Pretoria.
The Accountant’s purpose is to assist in the design and implementation of a range of financial and administrative systems and services that will provide good, sound financial accountability, reporting, governance and guidance in the financial affairs of the company. This is to ensure sustainability, adherence to legal and statutory requirements and accountability to stakeholders. This supports sound decision-making in the fulfilment of the company’s mission.
Salary: R15 000 monthly
- Strong knowledge of accounting background
- Book keeping up to Trial balance on Pastel Partner
- Maintain fixed asset register.
- Loan account reconciliation.
- Maintain cash flow budgets & general ledger accounts
- Prepare quarterly reports for board meetings
- Prepare AFS and maintain quarterly budgets.
- Manage the petty cash flow account.
- VAT, UIF, PAYE returns
- Income tax, provisional calculations and annual returns of an NPO
- Payroll Knowledge
- Bank reconciliation.
- Liaison with the auditors with regards to the financial statements
- Relevant financial degree or diploma in accounting or bookkeeping
- Minimum three years bookkeeping or accounting experience, preferably within NGO/ development sector
- Advanced Excel skills and experience in Pastel
- A team player able to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Concentration with an eye for detail
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- An ability to work to deadlines
- Computer skills (especially with databases and financial software)
- Honest, discreet and trustworthy
- Interpersonal skills
Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence.
If you have not received a response within four weeks of submitting your application, regard your application as unsuccessful.
For more about Buhle Farmers' Academy refer to www.buhle.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies