Iris House Children's Hospice
Iris House Children’s Hospice is dedicated to children with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions. Iris House Children’s Hospice provides life-changing support for families in their own homes in the form of community sits, and in the hospice itself where we provide a place in which children are encouraged to reach their full potential however limited that may be.
The Hospice seeks to appoint an Enrolled Nurse / Hospice Manager to be based in Cape Town.
Salary: R10 000 to R12 000.00 per month
- Assessment, respite care and support for children and young people with special needs and their families
- Support and management of children with disabilities
- Book hospice sessions
- Meet all government targets
- Manage the hospice budget
- Manage and book the hospice care team and ensure professional running of hospice at all times
- Work independently in the hospice environment
- Under the supervision of the CEO and assistant to the CEO they will implement appropriate assessment/care plans/treatment programme, reporting any changing need/adjustment in care and maintain accurate records
- Assist in the administration and clerical duties of the hospice, including acting as a point of contact for families and visitors with queries about assessment processes and or Iris House in general
- Communication skills are essential to the role as the post holder will be required to communicate effectively with children, parents/carers, health care professionals and other agencies
- Experience of working with special needs children with challenging/difficult behaviour and physical disabilities
- Ability to arrive timeously at the hospice daily is essential
To apply, submit a letter of motivation, a comprehensive CV which includes the names, email and telephone details of three referees to email@example.com quoting “Enrolled Nurse/Hospice Manager” in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Iris House Children's Hospice is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
IHCH is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share their commitment.
All offers of employment are subject to several checks including an police clearance.
For more about Iris House Children’s Hospice, refer to iris-house.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies