The Homestead Projects for Street Children
The Homestead (Projects for Street Children) Launchpad centre in Woodstock, Cape Town offers traumatised and vulnerable children and youth with a street outreach program, Street Child drop-in centre, a residential transitional care (step-down) facility for 25 youth and aftercare services for youth who have left the care of the Homestead.
The Homestead seeks to appoint a Social Auxiliary Worker to be based in Cape Town.
Remuneration: This position offers an above average remuneration package, including a provident fund to the right candidates
The successful candidate assist the Launchpad Unit Manager with the smooth day-to-day running of the centre.
The Social Auxiliary Worker will also be responsible for admin, petty cash, family preservation and reunification services, as well as keeping statistics and records for M&E purposes and will coordinate the developmental, educational as well as sport and recreational programmes to ensure the Homestead continues to provide the highest standards of care and development.
- Officially recognised Social Auxiliary Worker qualification
- Current registration with the SA Council for Social Service Professions
- Valid driver’s licence (learners licences do not qualify)
- Proof of local, greater Cape Town, community knowledge and work experience
- Fluency (written and spoken) in either isiXhosa or Afrikaans
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, email, social media and the web
- Two recent and contactable references, one of whom must be a previous employer
- Relevant work or volunteer experience
To apply, submit a CV detailing your chronological work experience along with a motivation letter and proof of SACSSP registration and drivers licence to firstname.lastname@example.org, or hand deliver applications to the Homestead Head Office, 15O Strand Street, Cape Town.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
No fax applications will be considered.
Incomplete applications and applicants who do not meet the above minimum requirements will not considered.
For more about Homestead Projects for Street Children, refer to www.homestead.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies