Mamelani Projects’ is a registered non-governmental organisation (NGO) focused on creating positive transformation in communities. Its programmes support youth, women and communities to take action to improve their lives building on already existing knowledge and strengths.
Mamelani Projects seeks to employ a Communications Officer to be based in Cape Town.
Remuneration will be negotiated with the prospective candidate and will be commensurate with previous work experience and relevant qualifications.
The Communications Officer will be responsible for internal and external communication, as well as fundraising and events coordination. This post also includes some basic administration and front office duties.
Communications and marketing:
- Implement a Communications strategy (Marketing, PR, events and fundraising campaigns)
- Manage all social media platforms
- Update latest news on the website and on relevant fundraising campaigns
- Compile and send out bi-monthly newsletter
- Compile press releases and articles and build relationships with local journalists and publications
- Assist with logistics for compiling marketing materials: coordinate with designers and printers, source price lists, collect materials from suppliers, etc.
Fundraising and events
- Assist with maintaining the MailChimp mailing list, particularly updating donors lists
- Manage online fundraising campaigns (via BackaBuddy)
- Compile and send out campaign specific emailers
- Correspond with new and existing donors, sending regular scheduled 'thank you' letters
- Assist with the logistics for events (venue hire, correspondence with service providers, marketing and media, etc.)
- Source donations in kind for events and campaigns
- Reception and front office: answering phone calls and emails
- General administration: keeping the office in order, minute taking and writing process notes from meetings, filing (electronic and physical), preparing invoices, ordering office supplies and stationary, and providing general office support
- Relevant Qualification (BA in Communications, Marketing, English or other relevant degree)
- Relevant experience advantageous
- Written and verbal communication skills essential
- Basic knowledge of online content management systems (WordPress, Salesforce and MailChimp)
- Experience in using social media for marketing and communication
- Basic knowledge of photo editing advantageous
- Strong coordination skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, friendly and passionate about working with people
- Communicator with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and network
- Ability to multi-task and provide a stable support base for the organisation
- Applicants must be Cape Town based and possess a driver’s license and own transport.
To apply, submit your CV, cover letter and an example of your writing to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not been contacted two weeks after closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Mamelani Projects reserves the right not to fill this post.
For more about the Mamelani Projects, refer to www.mamelani.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies