HealthEnabled is an initiative that builds effective integrated digital health systems in low- and middle-income countries by supporting governments and health programmes, facilitating connections among experts, and promoting best practices in digital health. Based in South Africa, HealthEnabled works with stakeholders to ensure that digital health systems are sustainable, scaled, evidence-based, aligned with national policies and suited to the local context. To achieve the mission of stronger health outcomes by 2020, the focus is on supporting the elimination of mother-to-child transmission (EMTCT) in South Africa and other African countries.
HealthEnabled seeks to appoint a Project Coordinator for PMTCT Helpdesk, based in Gauteng and KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
This is a short-term operational research project on a fixed term contract of maximum 20 days during the month of August and/or September 2017.
This position offers a salary commensurate with skills and experience.
The research fieldworker will play an active role in the short-term operational research activities implemented by HealthEnabled in the pilot districts in South Africa. Duties of the position include: support in data collection and assuring data reliability and quality assurance checks; assistance with compiling reports and coding.
Study Data Collection
- Conduct data collection – at health facilities and other secondary data
- Assure data reliability
- Coordinates the provision of support services to principal investigators and researchers
- Provide assistance in research ongoing update meetings as required
- Report adverse events to study team
- Identify obstacles to and find solutions for proper study implementation, conduct, and closeout
- Coordinate the provision of technical support in implementation of operational research.
- Provide documentation of best practices
- Assist with the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of the study and data collection activities;
- Supports the day to day activities of any technical support staff specifically engaged in the carrying out of research
- Provide administrative support to the research team and serve as a point of contact for internal research staff
- Assist with preparation for field work
- Liaise with internal staff on research and data related issues
- Perform other tasks as instructed
- Coordinate submission of research data and support production of reports for internal use
- Coordinate compilation, production and submission of research reports and presentations to donors and other key stakeholders
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combined with relevant experience in research, monitoring and evaluation in an NGO environment
- Demonstrated experience with coordinating research activities which may include training workshops, conducting focus groups discussions, data form designing, data collection and data entry and management
- Previous experience in providing technical assistance to improve data quality management in research
- Demonstrated experience in data entry and analysis using software such as SPSS, MS Access, MS Excel, etc.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and to assess priorities with a high level of accuracy
- Verbal and written communication skills in English and other local languages in the specific provinces, including the ability to present materials in meeting
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to review, synthesize research information.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a results-oriented team.
- Willingness to travel to remote areas
- Experience in working with PEPFAR or other donor-funded projects desirable
- Experience in user cantered design, health informatics and/or digital health solutions
- Knowledge in Public Health
- Driver’s License
To apply, submit a CV (no more than four pages) along with a one-page covering letter to email@example.com including salary expectations.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
No late applications will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HealthEnabled reserves the right not to make an appointment.
For more about HealthEnabled, refer to www.healthenabled.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies