Conservation South Africa
Conservation South Africa, as a local affiliate of Conservation International, is committed to helping societies adopt a more sustainable approach to development—one that considers and values nature at every turn and improves human well-being through the conservation of healthy ecosystems and the goods and services they provide. Conservation South Africa seeks to influence policy, develop markets, engage the private sector, and support communities to develop and implement conservation- based economic growth models and long-term human well-being.
CSA’s Meat Naturally Initiative requires the services of a Video Producer/Film Maker to produce and deliver a three and a half minute – five-minute-long video to Conservation South Africa's Namaqualand Green Economy Demonstration Landscape Programme.
The video, including scenes of landscapes, people and animals, should be able to communicate to potential and existing donors CSA’s work in the Namaqualand landscape, specifically the Steinkopf and Kamiesberg regions, focusing on the following elements and activities:
- Enabling climate resilience amongst local communal farmer communities and their environments
- Partnership between CSA and local communal farmer communities in core biodiversity areas to implement sustainable farming
Scope of work:
- Ensure delivery of all the end products that meet the deadline
- CSA to retain full copyright of all footage and products delivered
- Videos to have CSA logo at end
- Ability to travel to locations specified above
- Ensure pre-production filming and post productions of the highest quality
- Ensure highest broadcast quality of production and filming
- It is expected that interviews in Afrikaans will be subtitled to English
- 30 High resolution still photographs from footage
- A work plan and a story board based on inputs from relevant NGED Staff
- Draft 1; unedited rough version upon which CSA will provide inputs
- Draft 2: edited version of film upon which CSA will provide final inputs
- Final high resolution and low-resolution versions of video on 5 DVDs and a flash drive
- 30 High resolution still photographs on 5 DVDs and a flash drive
Filming and production must be completed and product must be delivered by 17 November 2017.
The service provider is expected to shoot onsite in the rural areas of the in and around the Kamiesberg and Steinkopf, Northern Cape.
The applicant is requested to provide a proposal or quotation of the fees/cost for services, which will be rendered. The fee proposal should consist of a lump sum to produce a three and a half – five-minute video, which will include:
- composition of the film crew
- number of working days
- number of travel days
- all expenses including travel
- any other cost
Submit your quotation with contact details of 3 contactable references for whom work was previously completed, as well as a link(s) to examples of previous work done, accompanied by a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Quotations received after the deadline will not be considered.
Candidates who have received no response within 14 days of the closing date should kindly assume that their quotation was not accepted.
CSA reserves the right not to choose any service provider.
For more about the Conversation Africa, refer to www.conservation.org
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities