Ndifuna Ukwazi is a nonprofit activist organisation and law centre that combines research, political organising and litigation in campaigns to advance urban land justice in Cape Town with a primary mission is to expand and protect access to affordable housing & build an inclusive city.
Ndifuna Ukwazi seeks to appoint an Attorney to be based in Cape Town.
Start Date: August 2017
The Attorney will provide legal support to individuals and client communities. This is a great opportunity for a progressive activist lawyer to gain experience working alongside those directly engaged in housing and urban land struggles.
- Legal drafting and litigation
- Advocacy and networking
- Legal research to support litigation, submissions and campaigns
- Meeting with individuals and client communities
- Case management
- Build and maintain relationships with communities, partner organisations and other stakeholders
- Admitted and practising attorney
- A minimum requirement of one-year post-admission experience
- Strong research and exceptional writing skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, independently and as a team member
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to social justice
- Fluency in at least two of Cape Town's three main languages is advantageous (English, isiXhosa and Afrikaans)
- Passionate, Committed and Politically Conscious
To apply, submit your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Ndifuna Ukwazi, refer to http://nu.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies