Southern Africa Trade and Investment Hub (SATIH)
Southern Africa Trade and Investment Hub
Scope of Work
Strategic Communications Advisor
The USAID Southern Africa Trade and Investment Hub project, a four-year trade facilitation project for Southern Africa, is expected to increase global competitiveness and intra-regional trade and improve food security in Southern Africa. Anticipated project activities include efforts to support national and regional bodies to facilitate intra-regional trade of agricultural commodities and economic integration, facilitate improved private sector export competitiveness in key value chains, and expand trade including increased utilization of the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA).
Objectives and Duties:
The Strategic Communications Advisor will work with the Director of Strategic Communications to develop impactful communications materials which are game changers for the Trade and Investment Hub stakeholders and partners. The Strategic Communications Advisor will assist in the design, creation, production (including the procurement process), distribution, and organization of promotional materials, research documents, reports, and other Hub publications. The Strategic Communications Advisor will support all Hub-related events, social media posting and website updates. Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with project teams and strategic partners to develop communications and behavior change actionable plans aligned with the project workplan, objectives, strategies and targeted results
- Take, edit and catalogue photos and videos
- Design project graphics, signage, and other visual aids
- Coordinate updates to the Trade and Investment Hub Knowledge Centre.
- Produce content for Trade and Investment Hub communications material including website, twitter, success stories, brochures, one-pagers, posters, and other publications, and facilitate their distribution.
- Compile, edit and produce publications including daily updates, weekly reports and other documents as needed.
- Coordinate the Trade and Investment Hub’s multimedia communication development during Southern Africa Trade and Investment Hub events.
- Liaise and interview stakeholders and staff to stay up to date on program activities, upcoming projects, and program successes.
- Liaise with strategic partners to increase the Trade and Investment Hub’s visibility and maximize coordination.
- Coordinate and monitor press coverage of Trade and Investment Hub efforts, providing monthly updates.
- Travel to project sites, events, and activities to take photographs or video footage, collect quotes from participants, and prepare written summaries and descriptions.
- Support the gathering of information for Trade and Investment Hub updates and taskers for USAID.
- Update the Trade and Investment Hub’s social media platforms.
- Keep the Trade and Investment Hub’s calendar of events and workplan tracker up to date.
- Support the Knowledge Management
- Work with M&E team to collect, analyze, explain and disseminate institutional and programmatic knowledge.
- Editing and format project publications.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, graphic design or another related field required.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in international reporting, behavior change and communications, and media.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with institutional and private‐sector partners and stakeholders in a multi‐country setting.
- Demonstrated experience developing content for communications products, including social media content, success stories, web content, and other mediums.
- Experience with photography, video, and graphics production.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word and Power Point), Illustrator, and WordPress.
Base of Operations:
- Pretoria, South Africa
- The Strategic Communications Advisor will report to the Director of Strategic Communications.
Closing date: July 21, 2017. Send applications, including a cover letter, CV, three writing samples and three references, to SATIH-Recruitment@dai.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.