Kagiso Shanduka Trust
The Kagiso Shanduka Trust is run by passionate individuals, dedicated to making an impact in changing the landscape of education in South Africa. The dedicated project teams are complemented by the knowledge, guidance and strategic leadership of all three organisations; the Free State Department of Education, Kagiso Trust and Shanduka Foundation. This is a unique pilot project and various committees are in place to mitigate potential risks and ensure proper governance and accountability at all levels.
The Trust seeks to appoint a Project Manager for Curriculum Delivery to be based in Sandton, Johannesburg.
The Curriculum Delivery to be based in Motheo in the Free State on a three year contract.
A competitive salary package will be negotiated, based on qualifications and experience.
The successful candidate will coordinate, manage and monitor the implementation of the programmes/ projects in schools.
- Manage the need analysis process
- Induction to the school and other relevant stakeholders such as Department of Education
- Establish a database for relevant and best practice NGOs and institutions to implement the programs
- Identify the service provider to implement the intervention program and propose them to the circuit manager for appointment
- Set target baseline for the schools and service providers
- Together with the school and service provider develop a program plan including dates and time for training (afternoons, Saturday or during school holidays)
- Involve the relevant subject advisor or department to ensure the intervention is in line with the DoE curriculum statements.
- Prepare data of OVCs in the school that do not receive grants and are without birth certificates and identify and involve government departments and NGO’s to assist
- Induction of the School Management Team, School Governing Body, relevant stakeholders from Department of Education and service provider about the intervention program
- Ensure the school contract is completed and a detailed programme plan is submitted to all relevant stakeholders
- Support school managing team and educators during development programs
- Motivates and encourages learners to participate in training and school based support
- Assist the service provider in organizing venues, catering and sending invites for training
- Monitor and measure the quality of the intervention program using the monitoring tool
- Measure expenditure against the budget
- With assistance of the SMT solve challenges on commitment and attendance of educators and learners to the programme
- Orders equipment and material relevant for the program
- Ensure that service provider issue certificates to the educators
- Monitoring and evaluation of program
- Manage project budget utilisation
- Maintain proper budget reports
- Manage the delivery of projects according to project plan and base line targets
- Review and update time plans if and when necessary
- Previous experience in NGO sector with knowledge of education context that includes policies, systems, structures and curriculum
- Understanding of developmental issues in the context of government policies specifically education
- BA degree in education or Social science degree
- Relevant experience in working schools, NGO’s, education sector and communities
- Valid driver’s license with driving experience
- Computer literacy, excellent communication interpersonal, presentation and report writing skills
- Knowledge of project planning and management
To apply, submit your CV, cover letter, detailing your interest in and suitability for the position and contact details of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Kagiso Shanduka Trust, refer to www.kst.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies