The Adopt-A-School Foundation is a registered NPC with PBO status based in Johannesburg. The principal aim of the Foundation is to encourage and mobilise individuals and companies to adopt schools. The main focus of the project is to support the creation and enhancement of a conducive learning and teaching environment.
Adopt-A-School Foundation seeks to appoint a Project Manager to be based in Johannesburg.
A competitive salary package will be negotiated, based on qualifications and experience.
The successful candidate will Identify social and skills development needs in schools and make recommendations for interventions. Coordinate, manage and monitor the implementation of the interventions by selected stakeholders.
- Feasibility Study
- Social and skills assessment through interviews and questionnaires
- Induction of schools and other relevant stakeholders such as the Department of Education
- Propose intervention programs for social and academic challenges
- Prepare program costing for the interventions
- Establish a database of relevant and best practice NGOs and institutions to implement the programs
- Identify service providers to implement the interventions
- Together with the school and service provider develop a program plan including dates and time for training (afternoons, Saturday or during school holidays)
- Involve the relevant subject advisor or department to ensure the intervention is in line with the DoE curriculum statements.
- Prepare data of OVCs in the school that do not receive grants and are without birth certificates and identify and involve government departments and NGO’s to assist
- Induction of the School Management Team, School Governing Body, relevant stakeholders from Department of Education and service provider about the intervention program
- Ensure the school contract is completed and a detailed programme plan is submitted to all relevant stakeholders
- Support school managing team and educators during development programs
- Motivate and encourage learners to participate in training and school based support
- Assist service providers in organising venues, catering and sending invites for training
- Monitor and measure the quality of the intervention program using the monitoring tool
- Measure expenditure against the budget
- With assistance of the SMT solve challenges on commitment and attendance of educators and learners to the programme
- Order equipment and material relevant for the program
- Ensure that service providers issue certificates to educators
- Monitoring and evaluation of program
- Manage project budget utilisation
- Maintain proper budget reports
- Manage the delivery of projects according to project plan
- Review and update time plans if and when necessary
- Compile and submit monthly or quarterly as per agreement with the funder
- Administer the monitoring output tool and the demographics tool
- Computer literacy
- Speak two African languages
- Report writing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Degree in Education
- Knowledge of education context that includes policies, systems, structures and curriculum
- Experience in NGO sector
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in education sector, project management and working with schools and communities
- Valid drivers’ license
To apply, email a cover letter, detailing your interest in and suitability for the position, as well as a CV with the contact details of three references, to Nhlanhla Baloyi firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Adopt-A-School Foundation, refer to www.adoptaschool.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies