Violence Prevention through Urban Upgrading NPC (VPUU)
VPUU NPC implements multisectoral integrated area based upgrading programmes of neighbourhoods in townships and informal settlements in the Cape Town area. This is done in partnership with communities, the City of Cape Town, and the Western Cape Government. We work in an integrated team of community participation, socio economic development, operation and maintenance, planning and design, infrastructure and knowledge management towards sustainable urban neighbourhoods.
VPUU seeks to appoint a Social Crime Prevention Coordinator for Youth Development to be based in Cape Town.
Salary: R25 000 per month depending on experience and qualifications
This is a fixed term contract until 30 June 2018.
It will be an advantage to be available immediately.
- Delivery of youth development projects, with emphasis on After School Game Changer pilot site in Paarl East
- Integration with other youth development projects and VPUU Social Crime prevention projects, especially Public Safety
- Mentoring and managing staff and interns
- Collection and collation of performance information from partners and staff
- Report preparation on a monthly, quarterly and 6 monthly basis
- General administration, emails, office and file management
- Deputise for Manager as agreed from time to time
- A record of voluntary engagement or urban development issues
- A tertiary degree in a related field
- Five to seven years’ experience in working with communities, either youth development, ECD Co-ordination or safety
- Research experience
- Effective oral/written communication skills in at least two of the following languages: English, isiXhosa, Afrikaans
- Advanced computer skills
- Skilled in report writing
- A driver’s licence and SAPS Clearance.
To apply, submit your CV and a covering letter, including certified copies of your ID and relevant qualifications to email@example.com or VPUU, PO Box 2373 Cape Town 8000.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Applicants are respectfully informed that if no notification of appointment is received within one month from the closing date, they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful.
For more about Violence Prevention through Urban Upgrading NPC, refer to www.vpuu.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies